Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

I've got this album all backwards apparently. Desert Island Disk is maybe my favorite and I'm relatively lukewarm on the rest. My big issue I think is that I can't shake the feeling that the live versions are almost universally more interesting than what ended up here

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've been listening to it the whole week once on the way to work and once on the way back each day. 

i really don't want to burn out on it, especially before i get to see them, but it's so good and there's so much to soak in.  i still don't know the songs well enough to sing along to like i do with the previous albums

Uh we had live versions of like three of the songs

ful stop, identikit, and then the solo versions of tlw and present tense. dick and numbers are better on the album imo, but then maybe there's a correlation between how long ive been listening to the live versions and how hard it is to shake those impressions

i cant help it man, i just keep hitting that morphine button until it kills me

a pig in a cage on antibiotics

ful stop, identikit, and then the solo versions of tlw and present tense. dick and numbers are better on the album imo, but then maybe there's a correlation between how long ive been listening to the live versions and how hard it is to shake those impressions

Ful Stop really threw me for a loop the first few times I heard it, I think I expected it to be a bit faster and edgier with less building and atmosphere. But I really love it now, and I'm starting to enjoy it quite a bit more than I enjoyed the live one. Identikit I liked from the start more on the album - the broken hearts transition is way better and the choir is terrific. TLW I always thought was a nice song in need of a better version

Present tense has been one of my favorite songs thom has ever performed since the first time I heard it in 09. Im having trouble getting accustomed to the album version but I am liking it more and more every time I listen. I feel like I'm never going to get used to not hearing him say "stop from falling down in my eyes no ones business but mine" the way he did it on the latitude festival video. for some reason my brain thinks if I keep listening to the album over and over that eventually he's going to do it that way lol

I've got this album all backwards apparently. Desert Island Disk is maybe my favorite and I'm relatively lukewarm on the rest. My big issue I think is that I can't shake the feeling that the live versions are almost universally more interesting than what ended up here

This is the most incorrect thing I've read today. Blasphemy. I would say the exact opposite is true. 

But the Present tense sounds almost exactly like the acoustic versions to me except with a delicate touch from the full band that doesn't overdo the melodrama with heavy guitars temolos some shit.

Ful Stop is pretty darn close, and while I was a purist for the live versions of that and identikit, the album version of it is way more polished and the beat drop is a lot more effective. Identikit I feel ya, but they had to drop the robotic beat and that Ed vocal line for the album honestly

its silly but the pitchfork article about this bands internet career made me want to look at the RH portion of this board again cuz man i was here strong in 2006-7 but quickly made a jump to OM.  but that article made me thinks some about yes how important this place was to a 15 yo rh obsessive (me)

Present tense has been one of my favorite songs thom has ever performed since the first time I heard it in 09. Im having trouble getting accustomed to the album version but I am liking it more and more every time I listen. I feel like I'm never going to get used to not hearing him say "stop from falling down in my eyes no ones business but mine" the way he did it on the latitude festival video. for some reason my brain thinks if I keep listening to the album over and over that eventually he's going to do it that way lol

The Latitude PT was amazing to witness in person.

But I have to say that this studio version works wonderfully in counterpoint for me. It's a song about dancing and movement, and to do it solo acoustically or similar would have worked against the lyrics rather than with them I think.

It sounds like an In Rainbows track. Which is a massive compliment of course.

Anyhoo Im rank tracks where I feel they sit rn

1. True Love Waits

2. Present Tense

3. Ducks Fuck

4. Burn The Witch

5. Glassy Eyes

6. Tinker Tailer Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Begger Man Thief

7. Ful Stop

8. Daydreaming

9. The Numbers

10. Desert Island Disk

11. Identikit

Pretty safe to say that on an album where Ful Stop, Daydreaming and The Numbers rank so low you've got something pretty special

kinda crazy how close this is to mine, id switch numbers and day dreaming though

Album is becoming an obsession now. I now prefer headphones, but I do not hate anything on it. It also achieves being a collective piece unlike TKOL which felt more scattered. I stopped listening to radiohead for about a year before this. Now I am going back and revisiting everything. It is lovely to hear cutooth again:)

yeah i can only listen to it 4 or 5 times a day.

I'm using Burn the Witch to track my number of full album listens as I'd listened to that 50 times already before the album came out! As of this moring:

Burn the Witch - 21 listens

Daydreaming - 30

Decks Dark - 45

Desert Island Disk - 29

Ful Stop - 26

Glass Eyes - 37

Identikit - 81

The Numbers - 25

Present Tense - 41

Tinker Tailor - 30

True Love Waits - 43

obsession