Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cannot deal with all this ranking and rating so soon. Feels like bludgeoning it to death to get at its insides rather than just spending some quality time with it. I felt such a release after this was released - pun intended - and I don't know how you're all keeping the hype up over an album that is so chill. It is exhausting.

Not a criticism. I'm sort of impressed? But also you make me want to delete my internet.

I wonder if the band's retreat from the web signals a new approach to us. It seems like previously they've always shared so much and they've openly championed the web as a place for them to talk to and share stuff with fans directly - particularly surrounding IR which was typically mysterious despite us having an insane amount of visual and other material to go on and discuss. It feels like they've actively encouraged this kind of pouring over from their fan base but maybe they're not into that anymore and maybe that's a lot to do with how personal lives are providing inspiration which is the one thing they've always spurned and even been hostile about when asked.

I think that'd be fine at this point but could MT adjust?

I have to say I'm surprised to see so many people didn't like the live version of True Love Waits. I had assumed it was a unanimous favorite of the unrecorded tracks.

True Love Waits and How To Disappear Completely are my two least favorite (major) Radiohead songs because of how crude, obvious, and over-the-top I feel they are.

That said, True Love Waits is a great finisher on this album and this version is growing on me.

Cannot deal with all this ranking and rating so soon. Feels like bludgeoning it to death to get at its insides rather than just spending some quality time with it. I felt such a release after this was released - pun intended - and I don't know how you're all keeping the hype up over an album that is so chill. It is exhausting.

Not a criticism. I'm sort of impressed? But also you make me want to delete my internet.

I wonder if the band's retreat from the web signals a new approach to us. It seems like previously they've always shared so much and they've openly championed the web as a place for them to talk to and share stuff with fans directly - particularly surrounding IR which was typically mysterious despite us having an insane amount of visual and other material to go on and discuss. It feels like they've actively encouraged this kind of pouring over from their fan base but maybe they're not into that anymore and maybe that's a lot to do with how personal lives are providing inspiration which is the one thing they've always spurned and even been hostile about when asked.

What else is gonna happen when you log into a website for discussing Radiohead right after a new Radiohead album releases. I don't think anyone's visualizing the calculus for their song rating when they actually listen. I'm certainly not.

What else is gonna happen when you log into a website for discussing Radiohead right after a new Radiohead album releases. I don't think anyone's visualizing the calculus for their song rating when they actually listen. I'm certainly not.

Dont really care about the song ratings. To each their own but doesn't really tell anyone anything about an impression or insight you have about a song. But I see the appeal. It's more the feverish accumulation of "where the album fits amongst the stuff we've already sat with for a few years" lists. Just do not get it. I kinda expect everything but that from GRT. So much over-analysis and hype and inventive speculation and then suddenly there's pages of lists.

Giving me whiplash.

Dont really care about the song ratings. To each their own but doesn't really tell anyone anything about an impression or insight you have about a song. But I see the appeal. It's more the feverish accumulation of "where the album fits amongst the stuff we've already sat with for a few years" lists. Just do not get it. I kinda expect everything but that from GRT. So much over-analysis and hype and inventive speculation and then suddenly there's pages of lists.

Giving me whiplash.

It's a bit ridiculous, in my opinion, although it also usually takes me months to really get a feel for new music.

That said, if there's a place where this kind of thing is going to happen, it's here. If people are having fun with it, more power to them.

Basically all I've done since Sunday anytime I'm on the the internet is post in this forum about moon poo, I'm sure ive racked up a good 200 posts doing so and I'm not the only one. Can't be bothered with the numbered ranking stuff but we're running out of shit here. Half of today's posts have been about past releases.

It's a bit ridiculous, in my opinion, although it also usually takes me months to really get a feel for new music.

That said, if there's a place where this kind of thing is going to happen, it's here. If people are having fun with it, more power to them.

Yeah sure. Don't want to piss on anyone's parade.

I'm just finding myself listening to the album and relaxing, coming here and reading the fevered discussion and then having to run back to the album, put it on in a dark room and counting back from ten. But just as numbers. No value allocation going on here.

I think this is what Burn The Witch is REALLY about.

• chroma unpinned this topic