pennyroyalty

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

* This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.
The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...
Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.
We have copies. Don't worry.

i cant

just don't have the money for that shit tbh, i was briefly tempted because i want a physical copy of those two b-sides but not so badly i'll pay 60 extra bucks for them.

so why is this tracklist in alphabetical order? were they just like 'fuck it' or did they change some titles to make that happen just to see if anyone would scratch their heads about it.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS 

I felt it was good return to form. It featured way more older songs that we've already heard than I was expecting, but was pleasantly surprised at how (for lack of a better word) new they all sounded. The album shoots off in so many different directions whilst never really achieving any particular sound, however I think this for the most part works to their advantage. For the majority of the tracks Radiohead have employed subtlety rather than the typical swells of emotion. By far my favourites on the album are Ful Stop and Decks Dark, both are exceptional songs that constantly evolve in strange and remarkable ways. I also think there are few songs on the album which will sound better over time, such as The Numbers and the penultimate track, so it was definitely worth all the anticipation in my opinion. 

so why is this tracklist in alphabetical order? were they just like 'fuck it' or did they change some titles to make that happen just to see if anyone would scratch their heads about it.

they let Ed do the sequencing

i'm kinda too scared to actually listen.

theres a lot of people here right now, and i think im gonna wait until i can be alone and have the speakers up, so maybe not until tomorrow.

Just got done...

This is a beautiful album. It's very reserved, but has so much going on. I expect this to be a piece of music where you hear new sounds upon each revisit. 

Top tracks in no particular order:

1) Ful Stop

2) Daydreaming 

3) Decks Dark 

4) Burn The Witch 

My only critique is I would have liked a little more punch with The Present Tense. Hopefully that one grows on me though. 

Highlights after first listen:

Daydreaming

Decks Dark

The Numbers

Identikit was so bad...like seriously...what was that??? 

Seems like they overthought that one, hate the choir on the synth line, but people seem to really like this version so maybe Im crazy

As a longtime opponent of True Love Waits, I'm curious to see if this album can win me over.

This is way better than any other version in my opinion. Fits the album well