Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's cool how thom is still trying new things with lyrics and vocal styles. both vocals and lyrics (and everything else) don't seem particulary radiohead like on glass eyes, easily better than faust arp though for 'the short song'. the numbers isn't typical of him, and then DID. daydreaming is so direct. kind of allows glass eyes to come in and a place for tlw. can't believe people who think this is their last. the head evolves, man

i was thinking of this too wrt thom vocals i feel like he's doing things differently on some songs singing wise. and as someone pointed out earlier (i think it was jordasm?) he sounds sooooo clearrrrrrr lol.

i love how he sings the buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrnnnn bit and dont get heaaaaaaaeaaaeaaaavy :wub:

i was thinking of this too wrt thom vocals i feel like he's doing things differently on some songs singing wise. and as someone pointed out earlier (i think it was jordasm?) he sounds sooooo clearrrrrrr lol.i love how he sings the buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrnnnn bit and dont get heaaaaaaaeaaaeaaaavy :wub:

"You've got to be kidding me" line on Dex Dark does to trick for me.

TLW is just next level poignancy :icon_cry:

IR was extremely well received here.

I'm in at work and fragments of the melodies keep popping into my head including from songs I didn't initially think much of like DID.

At the moment I'm sure I like this album more than Pablo Honey, HTTT, The Bends and TKOL (even though I love the latter two and like HTTT a lot when I'm in the right mood). Not quite sure yet where it sits against the other 4.

i don't hate any song on the bends, i've just lost touch with it, it's not the same band to me anymore. street spirit would be ranked very highly if i cared enough to rank songs on the bends anymore, maybe top 3? top 5 at least. but planet telex was ahead of its time. it belongs on an album with talk show host and the like.

I liked this album

Of course you guys are gonna complain about it, I mean, the hype was fucking astronomical

This album didn't disappoint me, but instead of prying around finding things you don't like, just accept it for what it is 

Maybe it wasn't as good as their other albums, but stop being such whiny nerds, and just try to enjoy the music

Irony.

Man I didn't care about The Present Tense until this album. This is just terrific

Really? Man oh man from the first time I heard that song done acoustic at the Latitude festival it's been one of my favorites he's ever written, it totally blew me away. I'm still trying to get used to the arrangement on the studio version, but nonetheless the song itself is incredible.

• chroma unpinned this topic