Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one thing I dont think anyones said, but Im maybe not the only one thinking it...$86 for the deluxe? what the fuck? seems like taking advantage of fans. I'm doing it anyways so I guess I'm part of the problem, it just seems like gouging when the tkol one was half that. It better be good!

TLW hit me hard because it sounds like it's resigned, accepting of something you'll never really get over, but in the stage of moving on, and the most optimistically nostalgic, or romantic, at the same time. The plaintativeness is its strength of heart. I think it comes with age.

geese i think you were right, i'm pretty sure there's at least one horn (maybe a trumpet or flugelhorn) in ful stop, mostly in the right ear. blends in with the synths pretty well but it's there. i think. my only hesitation is that it never seems to need to stop to take a breath but there are ways around that if you have a big enough horn section.

I don't get all the hype for Ful Stop...I think it's my least favorite song on the album. It's an interesting listen...maybe it needs to grow on me. Highlights for me are Decks Dark, Desert Island, The Numbers, and TTSSRMPMBMT.

Present Tense and Identikit I've loved for so long already, I think they need some more digesting before I can give an opinion about their final forms. The choir thing doesn't bother me at all though, first listen I thought it was cool. I wasn't crazy about Burn the Witch as far as hinting at what the album is going to sound like, but I have to say now that I hear it in context I dig it for the opener. I'm not entirely in love with the treatment of True Love Waits, yet, but nonetheless when it came on I was hit emotionally by the song itself and the legacy of it, it is indeed beautiful.

That's my statement. Thank you.

i was talking to someone earlier who said the exact same thing about BTW (& spectre for that matter)
as it stands, i feel more compelled to listen to the whole album when Burn is introducing it versus Daydream, but honestly i feel like part of the "package" here with the ABC tracklisting and all is perhaps a kind of "arrange you're own order" kind of thing

there's no way things were that coincidental or half-baked on their part for that end

05 FUL STOP - one of my new favorite radiohead songs, jesus this is terrifying, when it starts fading in i'm like "oh fuck, i'm in serious trouble now". so glad those synth sounds have been reproduced basically to the letter from the live version, and the way the dynamics eb and flow seemingly at random is so unsettling. when the drums and guitar riff come in, holy shit. the truth will mess you up indeed. i cannot wait until our next top 200 radiohead songs thread. this is staircase from hell. (5/5)

enjoyed your whole review but i laughed out load at this part. good stuff doc

• chroma unpinned this topic