Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

I still love Decks Dark but I wished they jammed on it a bit more live. Like, I love that Radiohead isn't a jam band but when you have a sweet outro like in that song and in Reckoner, it's cool to keep it going for, like, an extra minute when you're playing live

Yeah. Like that orgasm of a jazz jam at the end of optimistic - make that a 21 minute instrumental please.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great record ya, desert island disc is not my fav but the band themselves sure do love it, like i said b4 i think the numbers does what did does but more effectively. they're similarly structured songs, this repetitive 3 chord thing. not slighting the simplicity- that's kinda what rh do best, simple song at its core with unexpected things going on within and around it--spectre tho is my fav of this "set" or whatever. such a killer tune. i wish they'd try to do it live tho i realize that it would be difficult and probably boring without all those strings. anyway carry on

In rainbows was such an incredible run of songs that stand completely on their own, I'll honestly be surprised if they release anything like that again. The last two albums have had more ambitious "sounds", but... Nah. Almost every song on in rainbows could make it on a best of compilation without me feeling any reservations.

any album that wastes time with a faust arp or a house of cards is not GOAT and in this case not even close to greatest in one's own discography

House of Cards = 10.0

Faust Arp does what it does perfectly and you're hardly 'wasting time' at 2 minutes.

The nearest thing to a fault with IR is I still think they could have squeezed Bangers in on there near the start. Possibly DitNU but I can see why they didn't.

bangers and mash is outstanding yeah, ditnu is musically kind of cool but lyrically kind of atrocious? this is where i don't think i get along with radiohead fans because ditnu is as bad as my high school lyrics could possibly have been. and all the thom yorke cliches apply.

• chroma unpinned this topic