pennyroyalty

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

In Rainbows is kind of a measure of sanity for me. I understand if you don't like any Radiohead album, including this one, but not In Rainbows. If you don't like In Rainbows I can only assume that you're a reptilian.

I actually feel kind of awful for Thom with the last song being true love waits.

And I feel awful for considering a Rachel link because it's none of my fucking business.

I just felt crushed hearing that song and with that delivery. I owe the entire band a heavy dose of thanks for getting me through high school and I don't care to see them in distress.

Word.

It's weird, this song is so old, but somehow it has so much more potency this time round, for me at least. I knew all the lyrics, but they took on a new meaning to me this time round. Hell, the ones that hit me hardest were written at the top of this website for the longest time.

In Rainbows is kind of a measure of sanity for me. I understand if you don't like any Radiohead album, including this one, but not In Rainbows. If you don't like In Rainbows I can only assume that you're a reptilian.

Said the guy who doesn't like OK Computer :D

I do like it, it's just an 8/10 instead of a 9 or above

Fair

Btw, is The Numbers unheard? It feels like I've heard it, but then again I never cared too much for live unreleased tracks. Any help?

ranking through 2nd listen:

decks dark

ful stop / the numbers

identikit

tinker tailor/ present tense

burn the witch

daydreaming / true love waits 

glass eyes (second last? but how?)

desert island disk (but what? its last? its a a really good song though..)

would love to know how they recorded and mastered this. sounds so odd at times, little echoes everywhere and 'ghosts' of other parts of songs. also clips a fair bit in places.

yeah i noticed it distorts a bit near the end of Desert Island Disk 

Fair

Btw, is The Numbers unheard? It feels like I've heard it, but then again I never cared too much for live unreleased tracks. Any help?

Nah it's been around. I think it was called Silent Spring

Thanks for responding.. It's just the smallest little thing but once you hear it, you cannot unhear it.  Listened to a 320KBPS mp3 version and it has the same little thing in it, so I am convinced it's the mastering and not my download.  

Maybe I'll try to listen more closely...or, on second thought, maybe not. I don't want to have to unhear it. 

Loving the album

Fair

Yupp, Silent Spring was it's name.

anyone think any of these have changed names since we first heard about them?

after Thom saying Dawn Chorus was his favourite new song in 2009, wondering if it's one of these that's had a name change?

yeah i noticed it distorts a bit near the end of Desert Island Disk 

they've definitely fucked up the mastering.

it's such a dynamic album but if you look at the waveforms they're so blocky and square. very few peaks and troughs.

Yeah I was wondering that. I need to get a better handle on the lyrics before I can have any idea of what songs used to be

looking over notes and things that are on citizen insane, i'm thinking not? surprisingly...

seemingly a whole album's worth of reasonably developed material that we thought we were getting but ain't here

which is fine, but curious

Almost 5 listens in. Tinker Tailor and The Numbers really stick out to me. The whole album is beautiful. Low point is maybe Decks Dark and Glassy Eye. I still like those, though. I still think TLW is a bit out of place on this album, even though is beautiful and touching. 

I keep catching lyrics that make me think Thom fucked up with Rachel. I think I heard I wish I could take it back and of course DD lyrics. Then it ends with TLW and it's almost like he's saying I'll wait for you if you want to come back. I'm totally reading into this and of course you never know. But the album feels remorseful to me.

it's kind of disappointing that they mentioned lift a few times very very recently, but it's a no show. 

appearing as a bonus track would be nice