pennyroyalty

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Rest in peace.

...and damn, Desert Island Disk is such a grower!

yes it is, at first I didn't think it was all that good (following decks dark didn't do it any favors, that's for sure) but now I love it.

so it turned out I needed an early morning sitting on the ground in the garden watching the drops of dew on the leaves of grass and being friends with ants to appreciate Tinker

I love it 

after listening to this god knows how many times, seeing them lives a few times this tour and hearing the bootlegs, i think i can safely say this is my favourite radiohead album 

I think I may have finally exhausted AMSP. For now, at least.

Time to give it a break. Anyone got any hot tips?

have you heard the 'new' James Blake album? It came out a few days before AMSP...

I've been listening to a lot of new music alongside AMSP, mainly because I don't think it's a very summery kind of album (at least when it comes to Greek summer, which means merciless sun and 36 degrees every day for 3 months) and also I'm rarely alone these days, which is how I usually listen to RH albums (alone and on headphones). So it's usually on only twice a week these days. The new Bat For Lashes album sounds great, and I've also listened to ANOHNI a lot, also Purson (if psychedelic rock is your thing), Marissa Nadler and James Blake, as mentioned above. I'm also reeeeally looking forward to the new DM Stith album, his debut Heavy Ghost (2009) is one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years.

But still, I feel like I've only just started my listening relationship with AMSP. Really far from exhausting it. I think it'll soundtrack the coming fall and winter at the very least. Also, I've got tickets for the Berlin Lollapalooza and I hope it goes ahead, I'm really looking forward to seeing these songs live. I've refrained from hearing/watching any bootlegs. Can't wait. :)

would you like to meet there?  :bye:

Sure, why not? I expect to see a lot of people from the messageboards there, if I manage to get close to the rail that is. I've never seen them at a festival and I wanted to go see James Blake and Roisin Murphy, and others too, but can one get close to rail while managing to see other artists too? I'll be with my husband, we'll definitely meet. :)

thought i'd burn out on this but decks dark made an appearance in my dreams the other night. and bbc world service have been using songs from it constantly as background music. time for another spin

Sure, why not? I expect to see a lot of people from the messageboards there, if I manage to get close to the rail that is. I've never seen them at a festival and I wanted to go see James Blake and Roisin Murphy, and others too, but can one get close to rail while managing to see other artists too? I'll be with my husband, we'll definitely meet. :)

I'd like to see Blake too... guess it depends on when he'll be performing... was it announced yet? I'd take good spot for Radiohead show over Blake's concert whenever to be honest  :lol:

i remember reading an interview where thom said that amok (song) came from a very "different headspace" from all his other songs

watching him perform ful stop live, i think it comes from a similar headspace.

Swans. The Glowing Man.

after listening to this god knows how many times, seeing them lives a few times this tour and hearing the bootlegs, i think i can safely say this is my favourite radiohead album 

It's early days for me with AMSP but I am beginning to feel the same way. This is the organic warm chill record I've been dreaming of. It's their Automatic For The People.

have you heard Julia Holter? her album from last year is great. not that similar to AMSP but there's plenty of great orchestration and I just get a similar vibe somehow.

Swans. The Glowing Man.

Yes! I've been enjoying some of that. I must confess I find Michael Gira's vocal style really tiresome, but the music is superb.

have you heard Julia Holter? her album from last year is great. not that similar to AMSP but there's plenty of great orchestration and I just get a similar vibe somehow.

I love Julia Holter! Saw her live last year and really enjoy her records. Might have to revisit...

Have You In My Wilderness was top of most 2015 lists,, and for once I have to agree with the critics - fantastic album. Anyone who hasn't heard it, do yourselves a favour and listen to it ASAP!

Having listened to this for the first time I have to say apart from Daydreaming which I am not too keen on as yet, the album is pretty impressive, The Numbers particularly highlights how haunting Thom Yorkes voice can be.