Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So after a few weeks the only song I can't truly get into is Tinker Tailor... Otherwise I rate this album really high in RH discography... I'm curious how it will be seen in time but for me it's really one of their best records so far...

Kind of wondering and worrying if this isn't meant to be "goodbye" - maybe a silly idea, but True Love Waits as the last song gives me that feeling...

So after a few weeks the only song I can't truly get into is Tinker Tailor... Otherwise I rate this album really high in RH discography... I'm curious how it will be seen in time but for me it's really one of their best records so far...

Kind of wondering and worrying if this isn't meant to be "goodbye" - maybe a silly idea, but True Love Waits as the last song gives me that feeling...

Yeah but that could be said for most of their closers

Yeah but that could be said for most of their closers

people were losing their shit when videotape wound up being the closer for IR - "this is my way of saying goodbye". of all the moments in their career to decide they're unsatisfied and call it quits, having just finished a product they were happy enough with to release is probably the least likely to be that moment.

It's vastly more their style to quietly fade away.

We are unfortunately at the point in a bands career where new album releases are about as frequent as a new US presidential administration. That is, anywhere from 4 to 8 years.

They aren't turning into bob Dylan and releasing bi monthly albums.

Even the Beatles, with all their in fighting and butt hurtness, we're starting to talk about getting the boys back together maybe for a one off.

In the same way that most great bands end, I foresee that happening to radiohead - a member dies and out of respect and love the guys never put out another "band official" album.

Thankfully, the band mates aren't terribly pathetic in health so hopefully the grim reaper is not knocking anytime soon.

Essentially, so long as the 5 are alive - there's always a chance for something new.

Death is the only great separator.

It's vastly more their style to quietly fade away.

We are unfortunately at the point in a bands career where new album releases are about as frequent as a new US presidential administration. That is, anywhere from 4 to 8 years.

They aren't turning into bob Dylan and releasing bi monthly albums.

Even the Beatles, with all their in fighting and butt hurtness, we're starting to talk about getting the boys back together maybe for a one off.

In the same way that most great bands end, I foresee that happening to radiohead - a member dies and out of respect and love the guys never put out another "band official" album.

Thankfully, the band mates aren't terribly pathetic in health so hopefully the grim reaper is not knocking anytime soon.

Essentially, so long as the 5 are alive - there's always a chance for something new.

Death is the only great separator.

Death is not the end.

Hologram for The King Of Limbs anyone?

• chroma unpinned this topic