NEW SONG - BURN THE WITCH

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to melt your brain a little, go and read some of the YouTube comments for the BTW video....

So many people are watching it just because it's trending and have no idea about Radiohead/LP9/culture/music/anything.

Getting back to BTW, what I find weird is the stuff that's coming out now from the people at Jacknife who worked on the video, saying they were only given 14 days to do the whole thing, and everyone working on it basically had to pull all-nighters for 2 weeks straight. That's a cunt move by Radiohead, surely?

i dunno, what was their wage?

That's hardly the point.

uh, well, sure it is. it's not like they had to accept the job. they surely knew what they were in for when they decided to take it on, and they all seem rightly proud of their work

We suck young blood sucks

Sit Down Stand up is embarrassing

I will is boring (LA version is dope)

Sail to the moon is boring, so is that version of the gloaming

Backdrifts goes on way too long, so does punchup

Even the good songs are lesser than the highs from other albums except for wolf at the door and myxomatosis

First half of 2+2 is annoying

Lyrics suck in general

It's a boring album

Bullshit post, reductive, juvenile.

Next.

:smoke_coo

If you want to melt your brain a little, go and read some of the YouTube comments for the BTW video....

So many people are watching it just because it's trending and have no idea about Radiohead/LP9/culture/music/anything.

And you find that offensive? lol

Radiohead hyped the shit out of this track. Released it on every possible medium for purchase asap. It's aimed at the masses. Deal with it.

And you find that offensive? lol

Radiohead hyped the shit out of this track. Released it on every possible medium for purchase asap. It's aimed at the masses. Deal with it.

I don't find it offensive. I just find it amusing that thousands of people feel so compelled to express themselves via YouTube comments.

I don't find it offensive. I just find it amusing that thousands of people feel so compelled to express themselves via YouTube comments.

Youtube is a public medium and people are free to express their opinion. 

And Radiohead intended it to be so. Otherwise, they would've released it like TAMTW via WASTE only.

I think TKOL has a unique vibe as a cohesive album, in a way that HTTT doesn't. HTTT has some amazing songs, and if it was cut down to 8-10 songs it maybe could have been a better "album" than TKOL. But I'm in the camp saying that as it stands, it is certainly not.

2+2 sucks though, he's right.

songs like there there, wieayb and myxomatosis alone make httt better than the bends, that is the only thing box was wrong about

lol the idea anyone can prefer where i end and you begin over 2+2

Radioheads-Burn-The-Witch-Lyrics.jpg

This makes me excited about the artwork again as other than those preview pics on WASTE for the tour dates I was worried all we were getting was swirly grey abstracts. I want doomed peeps roaming n shit.

Also: noticed they've not used that blocky typeface. Maybe it was a placeholder?

I've been listening to the lyrics more today. I'm sure you have all read the articles suggesting this song is about the refugee crises. I can really see those connections. The western world seems to have gone on a good ol fashioned witch (terrorism) hunt. The lyrics 'low flying panic attack' keep sticking out to me. I wonder if it is referring to 9/11 in a loose way: low flying planes that brought panic and started a lot of this hate mongering, racial scapegoating.

Anyway, radiohead really had their finger on the cultural pulse of anxiety we all felt leading into the tech boom. OKC and Kid A really nailed a sort of feeling of the time. BTW seems to be doing that as well. And not just lyrically, of course. The song has a franticness, like a type of panic attack almost.