Sign in to follow this  
bedroomghost

Can we have a Science & Paranormal forum?

science and paranormal?  what exactly do you envision?  

only the admins can make a new forum.  why don't you try just a thread and see how much interest it gets

"science and paranormal" is pretty much the same thing as "general chat" tbh.

like a board called "bees and things that are not bees"

which btw should be the official tagline of general chat

i googled cuba road today because i wanted to know what cuban roads looked like, most of the images were ghost story shots of cuba road in illinois 

. Cuba Road

creepy5.jpg?w=660Cuba Road sits nestled between the towns of Lake Zurich and Barrington, both upper and upper-middle class retreats. It is the setting of a plethora of paranormal phenomenon, including a phantom car (or cars), a pair of spectral lovers, and a vanishing house. A side street called Rainbow Road formerly had the distinction of being home to an abandoned mansion that some believed was an old asylum. Along Cuba Road sits White Cemetery, which author Scott Markus has referred to as the Bachelor’s Grove of the north-Chicago suburbs. This small, rectangular graveyard dates from the 1820s and its ghostlore concerns mysterious, hovering balls of light.

Post-White-Cemetery-Ghost.jpg

this reminds me that i had sleep paralysis recently, which made me recall a long series of other sleep paralyses that must have had, and i pictured like 50 rooms with me in my bed with a statue next to me in my bed stretching out from me

does anyone here know why beds sometimes vibrate? like a little earthquake. nothing to do with sleep or altered states of mind. only one bed in the house, not the floor or area just the bed, multiple people saying omg it does shake randomly in the night when they sleep in it too. i wish i could remember. maybe something in the walls surrounding but its more fun to think its haunted

no!

MARTA stands for Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority and I was talking to Hannah who knows what I'm talking about when I say that.

there's not really a good catch all term for those type of trains cuz subway really means underground and then there's like the Chicago El which is short for elevated rail line, and Atlanta's switches back and forth between being at ground level, or up in the air or below ground so the shorthand is usually to just call it by the name of the system in a given city, which in Atlanta is marta

tumblr_ltqywcrHTc1r54c4oo1_1280.jpg

030812_martawestend7.JPG

they have buses too but when I say I lived "near Marta" people from here would know I meant the tracks

Greyhound is likewise the name of a company that has bus routes between various cities in America

routemaplarge.gif

Greyhound_bus_on_the_way_to_Washington-1