OlaCorleone

Your Unpopular Radiohead Opinion

My unpopular opinions..

1. OK Computer is overrated, but still brilliant.. , Kid A and In Rainbows beat it.

2. Amnesiac is underrated, my 4th favourite Radiohead album, love the experimentation

3. Climbing Up The Walls is easily the best song off OK Computer, and one of their best tracks

4. The King of Limbs is a little underrated. TKOL>HTTT

5. Songs such as.. Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Lucky, High and Dry, Just..are overrated

6. I prefer their 2000s era by a mile

7. LP9 could be the best yet

8. Yes, The Tourist is boring

9. Videotape is the best album closer

10. Too many songs on Hail to the thief

11. The last half of TKOL is amazing

12. Treefingers is also amazing

13. Creep isn't that good..

14. My order of favourite albums:

- Kid A

- In Rainbows

- OK Computer

- Amnesiac

- The King of Limbs

- The Bends

- Hail to the Thief

- Pablo Honey

that's me done.

- Everything that Radiohead made after OKC was better than OKC itself. That being said, I'm in a Radiohead cover band, and that statement has started some heated arguments with the other members, LOL.

- All things considered, the best album is probably HTTT. It's dark, gritty, and has that spontaneous sound they were seeking. Plus, the songwriting in it is excellent: very diverse and experimental but easy to digest. In Rainbows is great but overproduced at moments. So is TKOL. LP9 seems to be the same (given Daydreaming, at least).

- Amnesiac is far better than Kid A.

- Everything that Radiohead made after OKC was better than OKC itself. That being said, I'm in a Radiohead cover band, and that statement has started some heated arguments with the other members, LOL.

- All things considered, the best album is probably HTTT. It's dark, gritty, and has that spontaneous sound they were seeking. Plus, the songwriting in it is excellent: very diverse and experimental but easy to digest. In Rainbows is great but overproduced at moments. So is TKOL. LP9 seems to be the same (given Daydreaming, at least).

- Amnesiac is far better than Kid A.

I don't know about "far", but I agree it is better (and my favourite RH album)

identikit sucks

+1 

Here goes mine:

Karma Police is an ok track. Way overrated.

Lucky and Electioneering ruin OK C for me.

Burn the witch is worst thing they've done since HTTT.

My unpopular opinions..

1. OK Computer is overrated, but still brilliant.. , Kid A and In Rainbows beat it.

2. Amnesiac is underrated, my 4th favourite Radiohead album, love the experimentation

3. Climbing Up The Walls is easily the best song off OK Computer, and one of their best tracks

4. The King of Limbs is a little underrated. TKOL>HTTT

5. Songs such as.. Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Lucky, High and Dry, Just..are overrated

6. I prefer their 2000s era by a mile

7. LP9 could be the best yet

8. Yes, The Tourist is boring

9. Videotape is the best album closer

10. Too many songs on Hail to the thief

11. The last half of TKOL is amazing

12. Treefingers is also amazing

13. Creep isn't that good..

14. My order of favourite albums:

- Kid A

- In Rainbows

- OK Computer

- Amnesiac

- The King of Limbs

- The Bends

- Hail to the Thief

- Pablo Honey

that's me done.

A lot of these opinions aren't that unpopular honestly. At least the last few

Kid A, while a good record, is overrated.

I think there's too many genres/styles going on (and I never got into their ambient efforts, if I want that I will listen to something like Eno's Music for Airports), and it goes from quiet to frantic which annoys the hell out of me, and I think the production isn't top notch - Idioteque is a great track but it suffers from borderline amateurish production.

Just my opinion.

Yeah....to follow onto this a bit......I love Kid A but I never understood how it was this gigantic supreme one of the all time greatest albums ever type deal. I think the extreme left turn from OKC has caused over-rating. Fucking great album though.

5. Videotape makes me feel happy and relieved.

Is this an unpopular opinion? I've always found it rather calming and comforting, I've always taken a more positive spin on it being like sort of a bittersweet song I sorta thought most people did

Staircase kicks ass, but as for what sucks...

Daydreaming. Why does everyone love this fucking boring, corny-ass Coldplay-grade song? Maybe it just hasn't 'clicked' for me yet, but I feel like it really diminishes an otherwise (almost) perfect album, especially positioned as the second track.

Staircase kicks ass, but as for what sucks...

Daydreaming. Why does everyone love this fucking boring, corny-ass Coldplay-grade song? Maybe it just hasn't 'clicked' for me yet, but I feel like it really diminishes an otherwise (almost) perfect album, especially positioned as the second track.

Because unlike Coldplay, it actually has lyrics that mean something. I mean really that's it, Coldplay can hire a composer to shit string pieces all over their songs but Chris cant write lyrics. Thoms lyrics here are simple, but you hear them and you know where they are from, and when he says 'We are just happy to serve you', he's talking to YOU. He breaks the forth wall of the song without it being gimmicky or anything. Also, Coldplay didnt invent piano ballads, and when they write them, they don't have the balls to not give it a chorus, or to not have it explode into a wall of electric guitars and backing singers. To me, Daydreaming shows exactly WHY Radiohead are better than Coldplay

Because unlike Coldplay, it actually has lyrics that mean something. I mean really that's it, Coldplay can hire a composer to shit string pieces all over their songs but Chris cant write lyrics. Thoms lyrics here are simple, but you hear them and you know where they are from, and when he says 'We are just happy to serve you', he's talking to YOU. He breaks the forth wall of the song without it being gimmicky or anything. Also, Coldplay didnt invent piano ballads, and when they write them, they don't have the balls to not give it a chorus, or to not have it explode into a wall of electric guitars and backing singers. To me, Daydreaming shows exactly WHY Radiohead are better than Coldplay

I have to agree.

Okay. Maybe my (unpopular) opinion will change, wouldn't be the first time, it's only been a few listens yet. I think it's just the contrast with BTW (which is so uniquely Radiohead) that I find a bit jarring.

To each their own. Not liking a track or album is normal. But comparing such a well written and composed song to Coldplay bc it has surface level similarities should always push you to reconsider your observations.