OlaCorleone

Your Unpopular Radiohead Opinion

Colin is the Ringo of Radiohead. He's often overlooked because it's easy to be overshadowed by Thom and Jonny, but he only ever plays notes when they are necessary and it fits each song perfectly. Not technically the best bassist, but one of my favorites of all time.

(This isn't a dismissal of Ed, who plays his own role too, but their recording process is so mysterious it's hard to know which parts are Ed's contributions over Thom or Jonny)

I came in here expecting to see some wacky opinions but got "Radiohead are the best band in the world" and "none of their songs are bad." 

It's like the fan forum equivalent of the "my biggest weakness might be that I care too much lol" for job interviews. Disappointed.

In no particular order:

The Bends might not have existed without inspiration from Jeff Buckley

Ed = atmosphere/ambience.  Ed has a hell of a lot to do with the RH 'sound' that Jonny usually gets the credit for (not that Jonny isn't a force to be reckoned with).

Meeting People is Easy is a horrible film, much less a decent music documentary.

My take:

Separator is the best track on TKOL

True Love Waits (I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings Version) > True Love Waits (AMSP Version)

The bassline of Where I End and You Begin is just so addictive

The band should extend the ending of Reckoner

I came in here expecting to see some wacky opinions but got "Radiohead are the best band in the world" and "none of their songs are bad."

It's like the fan forum equivalent of the "my biggest weakness might be that I care too much lol" for job interviews. Disappointed.

Fine. FINE. I think "How Do You?" is one of the better songs on Pablo Honey. Better than "Blow Out".

Ed = atmosphere/ambience.  Ed has a hell of a lot to do with the RH 'sound' that Jonny usually gets the credit for (not that Jonny isn't a force to be reckoned with).

This. (after watching the videos of In Rainbows From The Basement - especially the performances of "Where I End and You Begin" and "Weird Fishes" - I thought Ed was the coolest member of the band. Sometimes I still think that)

My dislike for 'Just' is pretty unpopular.

Acoustic MPS is better than studio version.

'Sulk' isn't bad.

I agree that Thom needs a haircut and a shave, but at the end of the day, that hardly matters. I also agree with who said the horn section kind of ruins TNA- but then, I am just not into horns or jazz for the most part. Though I LOVE LiaGH, so...yeah.

This one draws huge opposition from narrow minded people (I prefer to take the "to each his own" type of approach).

In regards to "True Love Waits" I believe it was murdered on AMSP. My favorite version is actually the first ever performance of the song but I also like the "I might be wrong" recording as well.

No Surprises demo tape>No Surprises album version

The album version def fits better on the album than the demo, but I personally like the demo version better

This one draws huge opposition from narrow minded people (I prefer to take the "to each his own" type of approach).

In regards to "True Love Waits" I believe it was murdered on AMSP. My favorite version is actually the first ever performance of the song but I also like the "I might be wrong" recording as well.

acoustic tru love waits is a hard habit to break but they did it justice on amsp even though it requires alot of getting used to

i don't think they murdered it on the the AMSP version -- it sounds really interesting and atmospheric. and it coexists with the guitar versions sort of like morning bell amnesiac.

the problem is that it's a really subtle arrangement and it gets murdered when they play it live. they just refuse to accept that big concerts are not the time and place to play such fragile pieces.

i think there is some kind of ego thing where bands get a charge out of playing these delicate soft ballads and silencing a crowd of thousands. and i'm like 'fuck that! play national anthem and idioteque! i don't wanna hear your fucking lullabies! i've had a lot of coffee today and no i don't want to be quiet during your vanity rendition!'

their lame ass slow songs always pissed me off anyway. it's like they could never decide if they wanted to be a rock band or something lame. and now if you want to hear some of the best rock music available, you have to sit through the lame shit that comes along with it.

so in order these are all the lame ass songs i dread to hear live

first ones i hate the most, the last ones i can almost tolerate.

it's not that many. and yes i do love radiohead except for these few turds. when played live.

*edit i have assigned a number to each of them on a scale of 1-10 of how good a song it is on the album

5 Videotape

0 A Punchup at a Wedding
3 Give Up the Ghost
4 Faust ARP
3 Glass Eyes

7 I Will
6 TLW (live -- album is ok)
4 daydreaming (live -- album is ok)
7 Pyramid Song
6 How to Disappear Completely

so in order these are all the lame ass songs i dread to hear live

first ones i hate the most, the last ones i can almost tolerate.

it's not that many. and yes i do love radiohead except for these few turds. when played live.

*edit i have assigned a number to each of them on a scale of 1-10 of how good a song it is on the album

5 Videotape

0 A Punchup at a Wedding

3 Give Up the Ghost

4 Faust ARP

3 Glass Eyes

7 I Will

6 TLW (live -- album is ok)

4 daydreaming (live -- album is ok)

7 Pyramid Song

6 How to Disappear Completely

I agree with everything except PS, HTDC, and TLW

I am not crazy about a lot of those live either. In most cases LOVE the songs, just not live.

That said, I kind of think the band knows TLW doesn't work live the same way. They only played it at 3 shows in 2016 and none in 2017, if memory serves.

I am not crazy about a lot of those live either. In most cases LOVE the songs, just not live.

That said, I kind of think the band knows TLW doesn't work live the same way. They only played it at 3 shows in 2016 and none in 2017, if memory serves.

It's truly sad they couldn't make such a formerly sought after song like that work in a live setting.

It's truly sad they couldn't make such a formerly sought after song like that work in a live setting.

oh they can. the old version was great live. i saw it live in 2003. 

wow that's true. in my mind the played it last time i saw them. but they didn't.

they did play

daydreaming

pyramid song

& ghost song

but those were the only ones. otherwise it was a great show that rocked really hard. and i was happy. a year and 2 days ago.