Sign in to follow this  
♥♡♥

how good are blink 182

man i love abba and that comparison hurts my head

i just could never stand this band but i know pretty much everyone liked them at some point so i guess i'm weird. i was listening to fuckin baha men back then.

righteous stuff.  definitely better than their contemporaries like Sum 41 and Good Charlotte.

they don't remind me of Abba though, but I kind of see the point you're trying to make. 

man i love abba and that comparison hurts my head

i just could never stand this band but i know pretty much everyone liked them at some point so i guess i'm weird. i was listening to fuckin baha men back then.

i'm not big on all the small things/dammit/girl at the rock show and all that stuff

but stuff like down and feeling this are just unarguably boss songs

not to say i don't like some cuts from pants, enema etc, they just stick less for me

had their time and place and when i grinding curbs as a teenager they were cool

now I still have a lot of time for travis barker and kind him a fucking awesome drummer.

i tried getting into tom delonge stuff but couldnt. I just hate his fucking voice these days.

i really digged this song as a younglin

but the way tom says time......TWIIIIMMEEEE

but s/t and neighbourhoods are fantastic albums.

Yeah I agree

The drumming is so great and the melodies and multiharmony shit, luv ittt

I didn't even like blink that much when I was in high school beyond the big hits, I really fell in love when I was 23 which seemed so fitting given the lyrics to whats my age again? And then that's about when neighborhoods came out and it has some bangin songs too. Good stuff

I can do without Cheshire cat

Maybe a couple songs stand out on dude ranch like Josie

Enema has a lot of good songs but I could do without others

Take off your pants and jacket pretty much the same probably more good songs?

I would definitely say self-titled is my favorite album as a whole

I would say neighborhoods is pretty damn solid but there's a couple songs that I really love

I like Feeling This a lot, but the rest of the record just tires me out.  Too dramatic.  Dude Ranch and Enema of the State are both pretty good. The band sounds a lot more comfortable, to me, in tracks like Apple Shampoo, were it almost sounds like they are still in a garage:

I don't use this word a lot in music, but self-titled just seems a little more pretentious, and not in a way I like.  Strangely when I was younger I liked self-titled the best but now I dislike most of the tracks.

yeah song's good I mean keep in mind I don't really listen to them all that much and I only really started to appreesh like three or four years ago so it's not like I've fully absorbed any of their albums anyway

I do seriously love "up all night" and "after midnight" their singles from a few years ago I used to turn that shit up when they were on the radio but ofc it didn't last long. They do play older singles still though but I only really began to see the light when my old roommate started playing shit like "feeling this" when we were drinking

yeah song's good I mean keep in mind I don't really listen to them all that much and I only really started to appreesh like three or four years ago so it's not like I've fully absorbed any of their albums anyway

I do seriously love "up all night" and "after midnight" their singles from a few years ago I used to turn that shit up when they were on the radio but ofc it didn't last long. They do play older singles still though but I only really began to see the light when my old roommate started playing shit like "feeling this" when we were drinking

still haven't heard their new singles - but I will check them out!  

How come Dolly didn't complain about the use of "are" in the thread title?

well there's no consensus with most bands as to whether they are grammatically an entity (pavement is good) or an aggregation (the beatles are good), so it's wuteva

still haven't heard their new singles - but I will check them out!

not guaranteeing anything i just happen to diggit. Up all night does have a really glorious riff though imo