Sign in to follow this  
pedestrian

MT Screenwriting Workshop

yeah, but it's probably got the most endearing main characters of a television show that i've ever seen, so we could take a hint from that.  it was very entertaining, usually funny, but yeah, we could make a funnier PI sitcom.

where should the setting be?  maybe more small town vibe or at least medium town vibe?  not something big like new york city or LA or some shit like that.  

prob why we should make up a setting of our own

also, should this PI show go straight into an arc or have a few stand alone eps to get acquainted with the characters?

I guess traditionally you start with a pilot for purposes of pitching

(lurker)

yeah, i guess a pilot script could work.  or a story arc 6 ep season and send the first ep in telling them you have the whole season finished.

should we do this as a period piece or updated 2015?

i'm just gonna post this ITT, my friend and i are hoping to start a website for web series reviews. we want to be fairly prolific (ideally at least one review a day, but almost certainly less to start) so we are trying to get some writers. if anyone is interested in helping, lmk! 

maybe he can have a rival professor who wants to enter the contest as well but the student professor patches mentors tries to sabotage the other professor's artwork and professor patches ends up being framed for it and so the student wants to come out and say that it is his fault but then he would be expelled and so he is in a dilemma

this is a good idea

let's write a movie about the monster mash where all those monsters are roommates and it's halloween and there is a college halloween party next door and these dudes just wanna have a fresh holiday and they get in the spirit kinda and funny stuff happens like dracula tries really hard to get invited in and everyone thinks they are just dressing up and a bunch of dorks and there's a LOT of confusion