box

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

I dont really love what he did to Unhappening. Feel like he axed the beat just to not have a beat on a song on the album

Other than that the first five tracks are fantastic, especially Guess Again, Mother Lode, and Truth Ray which all sound like a truly developed sound, more so than anything since In Rainbows. Three of the best songs hes done. The production is absolutely incredible, outside of the first and third track it isn't suffocating like the rest of his solo stuff and therefore sounds a lot different/better

Pink Section is straight off of "An Empty Bliss Beyond this World"

Overall its a good album but those three standouts are truly great and combined with Nigels best work in forever make me especially excited for LP9.

Yeah I prefer the unhappening we heard back at the DJ set, there was a bit more going on and I preferred the piano over the synth notes on this. This is still alright though.

Am I the only one that isn't that fond of Guess Again?

Truth Ray is beautiful though, love it

I've only listened to this once but I think this album is brilliant and initial gut reaction is that I dig it more than The Eraser or Amok. It feels a lot more cohesive and less self conscious than either of those records. Nose Grows Some is insanely beautiful. Just 8 beautiful and subtle electronic tracks.

in Thom i trust, but i still couldn't bring myself to pay $50 for the vinyl. that's even more than the newspaper album TKOL cost, and it sure as shit ain't the IR discbox

I paid for the vinyl but I can understand why not everyone would 

Truth Ray is very cool, the LP is very mystical and it feels like i'm roaming free in a forest, not just any forest, but a forest where everything comes alive and plays musical instruments !!!!

this came out on a busy weekend for me and I'll only have listened to it once by Sunday night. one listen in and I'd say it's promising but more of a grower than his recent stuff. definitely does not reveal its charms (to me) on the first go round, and that's fine

I like the albums I far and I'm pretty sure it will even grow more on me.

What I don't like, though, are downloads. I want my good old fashioned CDs back. And I will never ever buy this fucking expensive lp which I'm also unable to play, as I don't own a record player.

Having listened to it several times now I can honestly say I like this a lot more than Amok. Maybe even The Eraser. Feels much more coherent and like an actual electronic album.

I hope they release some merch for this too, all that obelisk and geometric artwork was pretty wicked imo. I'd have it on a t shirt.