box

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

I'm on track 4, and digging all of them so far. 

I was excited that one of these tracks is 7 minutes, but if it's a Feral-esque thing, then maybe that's too long. 

I've had the album on repeat most of today and after about 4 listens, I really like the majority of it. At times it gets a little repetitively boring but it's only once or twice here and there.

The production is great. Thoms voice is really benefitting from singing so softly. And it gets better after each listen, much like the majority of Thom's/Radiohead's output.

I dig it, as well as the artwork and release method. Don't think I'll be shelling out $50 for a vinyl though.

yeah the production here is excellent.

i guess people looking for a vocally engaging album like the eraser will be disappointed (hopefully we get that on radiohead lp9), but the album is great on an aesthetic level.  

Thom's solo stuff always has this very cold mechanical feel to it, with his singing always staying in the moan-y melancholy territory, without any of the impassioned vocal performances that define songs like Lucky, Idioteque, and Reckoner. The music doesn't seem to have the energy and passion of albums like In Rainbows. I think he's better when he works with the whole band.

yeah the production here is excellent.

i guess people looking for a vocally engaging album like the eraser will be disappointed (hopefully we get that on radiohead lp9), but the album is great on an aesthetic level.  

yeah it's more of a complete piece than the eraser and i appreciate it for that, but the actual material isn't that great

I actually really enjoyed this album.  I've only given it a couple of listens, but there's some good stuff here, quite a bit in fact.  The only thing that really brings it down some is the lull between Mother Lode and Nose Grows Some.  Still a really solid album.