box

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

just listened to in rainbows and videotape sounded great, so I guess I take back what I said. would love to hear a studio version of the "live version" but oh well. both are great.

i find the critics' scores for in rainbows to be a bit embarrassing now. it's a 10/10 for sure

meant to post this link http://www.metacritic.com/music/in-rainbows/radiohead

I feel like the problem with wolf at the door is that all the instruments especially the guitar during the chorus is buried so far beneath Thoms Vocals that it's hard to here.

they played it in amsterdam

that was awesome and he didn't have any problem with it at all. i should watch more performances of that, i figured with all the lyrics it might be hard, and i thought he'd need to take really big breaths to get the lines out. but he nailed it.

i saw them 3 times in 2003 and they played it the first night at msg. man i wish i could find a vid of it but i don't see one on youtube.

that was awesome and he didn't have any problem with it at all. i should watch more performances of that, i figured with all the lyrics it might be hard, and i thought he'd need to take really big breaths to get the lines out. but he nailed it.

i saw them 3 times in 2003 and they played it the first night at msg. man i wish i could find a vid of it but i don't see one on youtube.

yea and besides nailing all the lyrics, you could tell he's really enjoying performing it. I wish i knew who radiohead was in 2003, i only got to see them in newark on this last tour.

Though he sounds kind of flat in the chorus.  I guess it's difficult to be as vocally agile as he is in the studio version. 

yeah i was just being a bit ridiculous after pulling out the discbox for the first time in years, playing the vinyl, etc. but 7 years later and it sounds like a stone cold classic.

yes

shit man.. seven years

thanks for reminding me to buy cds so i can burn a copy. i'll listen to it more when it's a cd.

i've been listening to the controller a lot lately. some years ago i put it aside because i had listened to it too much, and i moved my office... but i just found it in my car and damn that's a great cd!

i have a habit of not writing anything on burned cds because sharpie dust in the mechanics of my cd player bugs me, and i haven't figured out how to laser label them. (how do you use the cd burner to label cds??? that's a thing, righhht??)

anyway, i was putting all these unmarked cds into my player to see what was on them. stopped when i got to the controller haven't looked back.

i have a habit of not writing anything on burned cds because sharpie dust in the mechanics of my cd player bugs me, and i haven't figured out how to laser label them. (how do you use the cd burner to label cds??? that's a thing, righhht??)

wow, that can happen?  I always write on my burned cds with a sharpie and I've never had that problem.

The pieces - again, "songs" doesn’t really seem like the right word - mostly seem like the byproduct of jams, almost as if Yorke wrote his lyrics by singing a few catchphrases over and over until finding a couple that worked.

This is actually hilarious because people always say this kinda shit about Radiohead for some reason and the fact that someone even said it about In Rainbows is ridiculous.