white blocks flashing all over

gurbe

what are you guys using to browse? pc? o/s? browser?

have you tried the clear cookies and cache thing? update flash and java?

does this happen if you use a proxy service? like with this?

http://www.proxy-service.de/proxy-service.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenplastic.com%2Fmortigitempo%2F&b=0

(ugh that's slow!)

No proxy but at work and home I use Google Chrome

I've actually had a problem similar to this on a different site at work now that I think about it, where the fonts won't load properly until I, for lack of a better word, activate the text, either my selecting it, or if it's a link, hovering over it. I have no idea what causes it, mind, but I think it's a bug in Chrome rather than an issue with MT itself

• 4 weeks later...

at least for me, this seems to be caused by gifs. when i go to "new content", if one of the most recent posters on a thread has an animated avatar then it causes the white blocks problem. but if there are no gifs everything works fine. so my solution is that i click on all the threads which have gif avatar people as most recent posters. then when i go back to new content, there are no more gifs and everything looks fine.

at least for me, this seems to be caused by gifs. when i go to "new content", if one of the most recent posters on a thread has an animated avatar then it causes the white blocks problem. but if there are no gifs everything works fine. so my solution is that i click on all the threads which have gif avatar people as most recent posters. then when i go back to new content, there are no more gifs and everything looks fine.

That worked for me. I think you're on to something.

• 2 weeks later...