Sign in to follow this  
Linkon

NBA 14/15

sucks to lose Calderon in the deal, he was perfect in carlisle's scheme. of course carlisle will get the best from any player, but ive got no faith in felton as a starter. better be more moves down the road. 

Love seeing Chandler back in Dallas.

Can't wait for the draft tonight. Hoping the lakers draft one of these players in this order of preference:

Exum

Randle

Smart

Really would like to see the sixers nab Exum and Gordon. They'll have a very solid lineup

I think Randle is a dud

By the way can anyone explain this Afllalo trade to me?

Fournier can play, i like his game and the fact he wears 94, Afflalo is better now but he can be productive for much less.

so, cap space maybe? thats the only way the trade makes sense

ya I really like exum. I've been thinking about adopting a western conference team to be my 2nd team after the knicks, jazz might be it.

I really hope that the knicks' moves work out though. phil certainly can use his cult of personality to his advantage in his current position. I can envision all the scenarios where this all ends up a flop. last time I was excited by the knicks was linsanity. I was never really a melo fan tbh.

Melo is overrated. Costs the team by it passin and putting himself in impossible positions to win, and his defense is garbage. I don't want him in LA

everything you've said in these two sentences are wrong

Yeah Melo is not a terrible defender, hes actually pretty good 1v1 and in the post he can body up against taller players quite well. it can be questioned whether or not he knows how to defend with a team, and its been a while since he played for coach Karl i dont really remember if he was any good under him defensively. 

the guy played his ass of for us. he was a great 4 defender, strong enough to defend the 4's and created great mis matches for a 4 that tried to defend him.

he rebounded like an animal this year as well. the guy can win and defend.

i read on deadspin that melo was given the ball with the shot clock winding down the 2nd most times in the nba. he had to take a lot of bail out shots, and that never gets discuss when people talk about his shot attempts

Yeah he's played great since joining the Knicks, the responsibility changed him for the better. I think he'll be great in Chicago.

Lowry to Heat "imminent" ugh

WAIT nevermind. this is hilarious

https://twitter.com/RicBucher

Bucher should kill himself or be fired. How do you have a job as an nba Insider and not know all of this is absolute bullshit immediately? It doesn't even make sense. I should have his job

He's a scorer not a playmaker. There's nothing wrong with that. His defense was horrible but now it's just mediocre and not a major liability on a otherwise good defensive squad, like say, Harden or Lee or Love

Not since college has he been a winner. His defense has improved over the years. But he's not someone to rely on in clutch situations on defense. And there's no evidence that he's a winner based on his NBA career. He has some of the worst clutch statistics in the nba

And I agree with Linkin, he would benefit greatly from the triangle. I'm hoping he stays with the Knicks and they can bring in some good scorers. Aldridge would be a great fit with Carmelo in the triangle. Or even Pau if they can pick him up in free agency. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson convince him to come in