Sign in to follow this  
ihggy-GP

funniest Radiohead song?

Plus the term "karma police" comes from the bends tour when media kept harping on how serious the band (read: thom) were beyond über serious and needed to lighten up.

So the band made a running joke about making sure to smile else the karma police might get you.

They've always had a rolling with the punches attitude about being this... Idk serious bzns band.

Edit: the origin of the term karma police I believe is in the following interview. However if I'm being honest I'm not sure. I've watched so many of these 30min interviews of the band over the years. If you haven't seen this one - it's top 2 out there anyway of the kid a era.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-wTWhp5UU

i have come acfoss this thread, whom i barely remember creating, by google searching for my own username. i realize that i was very immature, in the past, to find songs like "a wolf in the door" and "we suck young blood" so funny. sure they're funny, but now that i am older and my sense of humor is more mature( and yes, worldly, actually), i realize that actually the tunes on "kid a" are their funniest ones. you may think that's sick.

i thought the fuckin' tuba in National Anthem was pretty funny, back when i was first getting into them

brass section as a whole is pretty bad-ass, but i don't know, something about the way it comes in just kinda caught me offguard

pretty sure that's a baritone sax (they also use a bass trombone) but i like the way you think. in frank zappa's voice, 'this signals the freakout section of the song.' which yeah... seems kinda funny.

i thought the fuckin' tuba in National Anthem was pretty funny, back when i was first getting into them

brass section as a whole is pretty bad-ass, but i don't know, something about the way it comes in just kinda caught me offguard

the worlds most sophisticated fart joke

when thom says 'squeal to the cops' in wolf at the door he sounds jus like coldplay and its funny to me cuz everyone says coldplay sounds like radiohead but i think its the opposite

Loads of funny bits, personal favourites:

Standing in the hall, pukin' up the wall

Kicking Squealing Gucci Little Piggy

I wish that they'd swoop down on a country lane late at night when i'm driving, take me onboard their beautiful ship...

You only speak when someone's hands up your ass

We wwaaaaant the sweeeeeet meeeeats

Buzzes like a fridge/ Hitler hairdo / this is what you get when you mess with us

I trust I can rely on your vote