Sign in to follow this  
ihggy-GP

funniest Radiohead song?

How is this not hilarious in multiple ways

yeh i mean, looking through they're catalogue, they have definitely had a pretty sophisticated sense of humour sence the beginning. songs like "Pop Is Dead" can be LOL funny when you're in on the gag. and "Anyone Can Play Guitar" is a very funny song title, but again it's more of that self-deprecating humour that the Brits are known for... it took me many years to realize that these songs were not completely serious.

i think it's because, even though they always had that razor-sharp sense of humour, that they just took it in darker, more serious directions on the later albums. i didn't really get into RH until Kid A came out and that is they're most serious album by far. so looking back through their back catalogue, i never really expected to find anything "funny." but now that i know what to look for, i see humour in much of their music!

well i wouldn't say funny but like 2+2=5 and dollars and cents are obv joke songs

but it's just unfunny how seriously good even their joke songs are i guess

the fun part comes i guess when people take these two songs as idk political statements or something

but they're jokes.

top 5 funniest radiohead songs

1. Pop is Dead (terrible jonny guitar sections; a blatant attempt to fit into the britpop framework; the traumatising video) 

2. Fitter Happier (me and my friend found Fitter Happier on a pub jukebox this one time and we couldn't resist putting it on, the result was a few people actually left because they were quite disturbed by this melancholic piano as well as the strange robot monologue and the owner eventually turned off the music near the end of the song while we were stifling laughter) 

3. Creep (self-explanatory)

4. Sit Down Stand Up (great song, but the ending with the culmination of laser sounds and fx with THE RAINDROPS is damn funny)

5. Stupid Car (another one loved by me and my friends, my mate bought me this old CD collection of Pablo Honey era b-sides for my birthday called like Oxford Angels or something weird, anyway we were driving in his car and 'Stupid car' came on and we were stuck in this horrendous traffic jam and we found the song really apt)