Does Radiohead hold as much weight as they used to?

Lonely Loser

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TKOL showed that they are mainly concerned with making music that they enjoy making. I don’t think they care much about their position in the industry. I just hope they make one more great album before they call it quits. I wouldn’t mind at all if it were along similar lines as TKOL, as long as it’s longer and has more songs. I am greedy, and I want more, more more Radiohead! 

they absolutely have 'pushed the boundaries of a genre' (or more accurately, just ignored supposed boundaries between genres). it might be an overhyped perception but it's also true (self-evident, i would have thought). you don't need a licence from the high guardians of the avant garde just because you sold a few million records. i listen to the guardians and they're just as in debt.

I think TKOL showed that they are mainly concerned with making music that they enjoy making. I don’t think they care much about their position in the industry. I just hope they make one more great album before they call it quits. I wouldn’t mind at all if it were along similar lines as TKOL, as long as it’s longer and has more songs. I am greedy, and I want more, more more Radiohead!

your username is wrong.

it's the smell of air conditioning

seriously, how do you live with yourself?

In Rainbows was awhile ago now but for them it's recent and I don't think tkol was some devastating decline that they can't more than recover from. In Rainbows is my fave too, so as far as I'm concerned tkol was a minor / lightweight detour from the peak

they don't need to "recover" from anything

they don't need to "recover" from anything

I think the general consensus is that the more experimental approach to the recording of tkol, while by no means a failure, produced inferior results than the more traditional approach they took on previous albums (ie less loops, more songwriting)