Elmiracle

Which song are you obsessed with nowadays?

I didnt know Cuttooth was rated at all, let alone overrated. I must have missed that conversation. I rarely hear people talk about it at all. I usually hear about Orgy, Fog, or Trans.

I think Cuttooth is a bit too anthemic and happy for my tastes, and I think compared to the other stuff coming out of those sessions it just falls a bit flat to my ears. Worrywort and Fog really stand out as special songs that wouldn't fit anywhere in their discography, but have beautiful arrangements and production and pack a real emotional punch. Fast Track and Transatlantic Drawl are really weird and fun songs, and Kinetic is super understated and cool. Orgy is good but tbh I think thats a bit overrated too.

Don't think of it as a complete song. Think of it as a doodle/experiment. It's fascinating to listen to. But I'm glad it didn't make it on any album. 

And Orgy is unfortunately now overrated. It didn't used to be before they started playing it live. Then it got all this crazy attention. 

trans-atlantic drawl is the best song for blasting in the car while driving on an empty highway 

this song is BANANAS

i still stand by cuttooth's bizarro-pop though

Kid Amnesiac Era (official releases) B-sides ranking:

Fog

Life In A Glasshouse (Full Length Version)

Fast-track

The Amazing Sounds of Orgy

Trans-Atlantic Drawl

Worrywort

Kinetic

Cuttooth

#3 to #7 is p unstable tbh I had a diff ranking yesterday but changed my mind this morning but I'm alright with Fast-track at #3. Fog, LIAG and Cuttooth can stay where they are

sucks in that live fog again vid and thom says the first ones shite or w/e bribraaabberooodu

tumblr_lv7awltfAh1qbbziv.png

he is so full of shit sometimes i sware

The other day I was trying to rank the bside/standalone eras and its even more painful than ranking the albums. I thiiink it goes like this:

Amnesiac > The Bends > OK Computer > In Rainbows > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey > Hail to the Thief

But like, TKOL bsides are brill, Pablo Honey has Banana Co, HTTT has Wicked Child, their bsides are so great

The other day I was trying to rank the bside/standalone eras and its even more painful than ranking the albums. I thiiink it goes like this:

Amnesiac > The Bends > OK Computer > In Rainbows > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey > Hail to the Thief

But like, TKOL bsides are brill, Pablo Honey has Banana Co, HTTT has Wicked Child, their bsides are so great

Wow, HTTT last? interesting. I love Com Lag, certainly more than PH era stuff. I think my list would be:

Amnesiac>The Bends>In Rainbows>HTTT>TKoL>OKC>PH.....I'm not really putting AMSP up yet bc we have so little. I'm sure we will get at least 3-4 more songs after Spectre. 

guys kinetic is clearly the top amnesiac b-side.

cuttooth sounds unfinished, yet i will leave the wallpaper life, and run away to the foreign legion as a sentiment is perfectly encapsulated in the melody and those are the moments i love this band for.