Elmiracle

Which song are you obsessed with nowadays?

Desert Island Disk has really grown on me recently and has been in my head all day. Love the string arrangement and Thom's voice going from low to high. Although I'm not happy with the full band live version. Seems really slow.

Man the stringless live version of The Numbers is great too, its got this really cool jammy feel to it. Obviously I love the strings on the album and wouldnt remove them but they do mask that aspect of the song a bit

Desert island disk really hit me today. At first I thought it was really nice, but nothing special. Now I'm noticing all those little things in the background that really make it sound so pretty. And it's got some great lyrics and singing from thom.

Only recently attentively listened to Polyethylene and now I'm really fond of it, particularly part 2.

Also I used to borderline dislike Bangers And Mash but now I think it's a great rock song.

And I've never understood why Cuttooth is quite so loved either.

cuttooth is most overrated rh song imo

/fightme

Preach. I dig it but almost every other Amnesiac bside is better

Nah, it's not the best Amnesiac b-side (Orgy? probably), but it is the perfect b-side in a way. It is like a fashion show version of the band: all exaggerated and a bit over the top, but as a sort of indication for their future musical direction.

The beginning of the song is kind of off putting to me, much like the piano is in Eraser to me. But when they start jamming about 2 min in, that songs is fucking fantastic. You can hear snippets of their whole future catalog in there. Cuttoooth is a perfect example of what makes RH top tier, while many other good bands are always just trying to make that next tight hit or rest on familiarity. Without creative moments like Cuttooth that don't actually make in on an LP, and for good reason really, I think RH isn't half the band they are today.

I can say the same thing about Thom and Jonny's solo stuff. I think they are always working new creative avenues by fleshing out possibilities, allowing themselves to "go there," so to speak, without the traditional pressure of putting everything on an LP. 

In Cuttooth we get a snapshot of why RH is the best. 

I'll turn the floor over to the defense now.