a river in water

bicycle thread

i never really was the type to ride with super deflated tires until i did for a bit. well it's not worth it. my valve got pinched somehow and the tube is busted. so inflation is not just a comfort thing. it prevents damage. it was good in icy conditions for a day or two, though (having deflated tires), if you're into riding with slicks in sketchy conditions.

I was riding along a residential street today up this three way intersection. I did not have a stop sign. I saw a car stop at the stop sign on my right hand side, and slowed down, anticipating the usual, ie, the worst. The lady almost went to a complete stop, looked to her right first - wrong, but predictable - then to her left, so I started thinking "Surely, now she saw me.", and she went ahead and almost hit me. I had to slam the brakes to avoid her. She kept driving and turned onto my street, oh so convenient, and carried on further up before parking on the wrong side of said street. When I caught up to her, I was panting, because the street is uphill, she said something along the lines of "May I help you?". I remained civil and explained and she apologized profusely and asked if I was alright and it was alright although she was probably taking the piss, I dunno... But then I lost her, because she said "I'm surprised you're not wearing a helmet!", almost chipper, and I had to hold back big time. It was my first time someone was uttering these words after they just about maimed me. A new feeling. A new wave. Hands off the handle bar. I glide in the dark through the bullshit. Hard foam and plastic. Good to go. Jesus fucking shite.

wear your gah damn helmet, speedo man!

:angry:

I am just so SICK of all these damn scooters all over these damn shitty cities!

they've taken over!

scooters and skaters and bikes!

BOKES!