kid a

hail to the thief

amnesiac

the bends

moon-shape

in rainbows

pablo

king of limbs

moon and rainbows are veerrry close though, and honestly moon's main advantage right now is being the newer one

Your ranking is pretty much exactly how I would have mine.

by the time track 2's over i feel the same way i normally feel after like, the penultimate track of an album

after that it's actually pretty good but i mean those first two tracks are just kind of there and the only part the alphabetical thing hurts it, i think

but yeah we're supposed to re-arrange this ourselves i guess so hopefully the 2nd bonus track makes that somewhat more feasible for me!

so is spectre more or less confirmed the first bonus track? kind of lame if that's the case. there's a lot of double-dipping going on this time around including having bought the burn the witch single (which didn't come with spectre, i have to buy the vinyl if i want that, and a turntable while i'm at it). i don't really have a problem with the sequencing. it's kinda like that sigur ros album with the naked people on front where they pretended to be animal collective for a song and then went straight into the usual dreamy shit. the sequencing also doesn't seem all that critical as i'm not paying a whole lot of attention to most of the transitions but i'm becoming accustomed to it from so many listens so i doubt i'll ever screw with it.

Well it's a pretty standard thing to have a single release from an album that contains a b side.

Though I didn't bother with that single because I have the album and got spectre when it was announced on soundcloud

based on how much i feel like listening to them right this minute, i would basically rank them in reverse chronological order with kid amnesiac getting boosted over hail to the thief. possibly tkol over moon poo as well since i've been blasting that in my car the last couple days while my obsessive listening of the new album winds down.

in order of how much i like the overall 'sound'/production/presentation:

1 amnesiac

2 moon poo

3 king of limbs

4 kid a

5 in rainbows

6 ok computer

7 hail to the thief

8 the bends

9 pablo

in order of how many of my all time favorite radiohead songs the album has on it regardless of context:

1 in rainbows

2 kid a

3 amnesiac

4 hail to the thief

5 moon poo

6 ok computer

7 king of limbs

8 the bends

9 pablo honey

so is spectre more or less confirmed the first bonus track? kind of lame if that's the case. there's a lot of double-dipping going on this time around including having bought the burn the witch single (which didn't come with spectre, i have to buy the vinyl if i want that, and a turntable while i'm at it). i don't really have a problem with the sequencing. it's kinda like that sigur ros album with the naked people on front where they pretended to be animal collective for a song and then went straight into the usual dreamy shit. the sequencing also doesn't seem all that critical as i'm not paying a whole lot of attention to most of the transitions but i'm becoming accustomed to it from so many listens so i doubt i'll ever screw with it.

:lol:

Sequencing is fine if unremarkable. I definitely think starting with two singles makes you gloss over them but I think Daydreaming fits there