ihggy-GP

Project Real World - Hit Web Series

ohman i still remember "maybe baby"
i still remember these eps, so that's somethin isn't it?
i had watched them a "minute" ago, but the one thing i remember (especially with the now-factor of time away from 'em) is that you guys should evolve the visual style a bit more on account of it reminded me heavily of tom goes to the may-may and frankly i think since yer show seems to be influenced by the works of T&E yet has it's own thing goin, i think that aspect of it (the aformentioned... VISUAL aspect) is kind of a kickintheballs to the own thing part

yeh we are definitely very indebted to TGTTM as far as the visual style goes, mostly because of technical limitations. we've figured a lot of new techniques out, and are probably going to change a lot of things about the look and structure of the show going forward. hopefully, anyway!

me and "mike legg" did a stand up set in character yesterday, and it went pretty well! i never did stand up before, it was very weird. but since i got to play an extremely nervous person, it was pretty easy. got lots of laffs but i was so deep in character that i couldn't even enjoy them.

me and "mike legg" did a stand up set in character yesterday, and it went pretty well! i never did stand up before, it was very weird. but since i got to play an extremely nervous person, it was pretty easy. got lots of laffs but i was so deep in character that i couldn't even enjoy them.

thats awesome!

thanks d00ds. i wish i had a recording of it so i could get an idea of how it really went. we are doing another tomorrow night, and it probably won't go over as well. the first one we did was a character open mic so people were expecting that sort of thing. this one's just a regular mic. it'll still work because the bit is that Mike is making Pad do stand-up as a confidence-boosting social immersion test. but prob won't get as much laffs. it's ok though.

we are mostly just working out a live dynamic/practicing acting in front of people because we are gonna have a "premiere" party in a few weeks and are gonna MC in character.

it was actually pretty easy to do because it was like acting! i still don't think i could go and do real stand up, though idk maybe i could. never really hung around these open mics, but they seem pretty low-key. i mean it was at 5:30pm on a thursday, not like prime time.

hopefully we'll be able to film the premiere party!

well, we did a standup set at an actual stand-up open mic (not a character open mic), and it was NOT well-received! the place we did it at was very clique-ish and we were kinda crashing the thing, which is admittedly a dick move... but it was really intense! virtually no laffs at all! which is understandable because people just weren't there for that kind of comedy, i guess? even though it was a sketch about doing standup.

75% of the people there probably got that it was a sketch and were just annoyed because we were doing a character bit. then like 25% of them, i think, thought it was real, including this one girl who went up and really passionately defended Pad and called Mike Legg an asshole for taking the mic from him! i think part of why people thought it was real is because we stayed in character the whole time and i was making very awkward/sad eye-contact with everybody there because they kept looking back at us the whole time.

EXTREMELY awkward! but i kinda figured it would be. anyway, it was worth doing, now i know that the stand-up crowd is not really our audience!