Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

I think Morning m'lord/Mr. Magpie (acoustic version on Most Gigantic Lying Mouth) is amazing. Maybe it's because I watched that DVD so much, lol. Joking aside, I have always loved hearing Thom's early versions of songs that he did with only an acoustic guitar or the piano l(basement versions for example). I just love seeing the original and rawness that some of his songs have. Sometimes they become improved immensely when he brings it to the band and Nigel and sometimes the original simplistic version just sounds better to me.
There There is a good example of that but opposite. the original jam they did of it sounded almost grunge like and heavier but then it ended up being one of the best songs they have ever written to this day.

I'm just glad that The Present Tense still has the same solid original structure. You can hear some changes in the Paris version that obviously is in reflection to whatever they have done to it studio wise but I think that it will stay quite close to how it sounds now, hopefully with some faster electronic drum patterns and a full string section to go with that beautiful guitar piece. I really think it has the potential of being one of their best songs. I think this album will be quite the good mix of Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows but with a K.O.L accent to it. I think it's going to be an album that is immediately well received as well for the most part, definitely surpassing King of Limbs. And also a little longer as I feel they have quite the good amount of material and have succeeded in finishing most of them. Id say 12 tracks plus 2 to 4 b-sides. They still have the ability to write one of their best albums yet.
Definitely ready for it and even though it probably won't happen until February, it would be the perfect Christmas present, lol. Just hearing the final version of The Present Tense would be a great Xmas gift alone!

i didn't mind tkol's lyrics, they weren't as groany as some of his solo stuff, most was ignorable at worst, but IR has possibly the best lyrics he's ever done so it was a bit disappointing. tkol is more of a sound tapestry sort of thing though so it works regardless.

hail to the thief had some great lyrics as well but the lyrics span the quality spectrum much like the music does, just a function of the massive amount of songs that made the cut i guess.

The weekend before Valentine's 2011 Stanley said something about "Valentine's Day and the suprises it may bring"

Tkol was announced Monday February 14th

Similarly with TMB he started posting cryptic shit and records being pressed, the album dropped the next week

I'm not saying this means lp9, but something Radiohead is going to be announced within the week, I guarantee it

Best lyrics in the TKOL era was Separator (not great though).

IR is brilliant in comparison. Bodysnatchers, Jigsaw, All I Need, Videotape, all great.

and as that woman

blows her cover

in the eye

of the beholder

i'm a fish now

out of water

i dont think that's very good for best

never cared much for all i need either

tbh i don't get why people are so hung up on lyrics.  i get it if they're so bad that they stick out and ruin the song a bit (see ph and a good chunk of httt), but if they're just in the middle, than lyrics are the last thing i'm thinking about when hearing a song. 

tbh i don't get why people are so hung up on lyrics. i get it if they're so bad that they stick out and ruin the song a bit (see ph and a good chunk of httt), but if they're just in the middle, than lyrics are the last thing i'm thinking about when hearing a song.

yup

also yup, except aside from ph I'd never say Thom's lyrics are so bad they stick out and ruin a song

"Peel all of your layers off, I want to eat your artichoke heart" from 'Atoms For Peace' is SHIT.

Stanley comments further down that it's 'not anything to do with music'. Bubble burst...

Stanley could have said that just to get people to quit bringing up Radiohead.  Why would he even admit to it being anything related to music/LP9 even if it were related to music/LP9?