The LP9 Speculation Thread

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

w a l l o f e y e s c o m i n g s o o n !!

1. floodgates

2. present tense

3. identikit

4. silent spring

5. ful stop

6. skirting

7. desert island disk

8. wake me

9. lift

10. cut a hole

11. i froze up

12. burn the witch

That's Waaaaay too long. Take off about half of it & you'll be closer to their next E.P...I mean L.P. :) 

Stanley is starting up some new paintings and it looks like a mixture of Kid A/Ok Computer/HTTT. Not saying it has anything to do with LP9 but he did put up a blank canvas and said "Watch this space" or something to that effect and now it's filling up with his signature style artwork.

We'll know when the LP9 machine starts turning when Stanley starts posting up artworks.

I was 100% completely wrong about lp8 so I dunno if my specific predictions are any good at this point, but I'm confident it won't sound like tkol. Maybe some of the rhythmic ideas will carry over but I can't see them repeating a production style pretty much ever.

I think this will likely be the case. The work that Jonny has been doing lately in India could influence the album. It would be interesting to hear translated over to Radiohead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IQdsIUfnAA

but what if it was....a double album?

Double album, one disc all new material, one disc of songs we're already familiar with... then they're going to announce an indefinite hiatus to focus on 'solo projects'. Thom will DJ, Phil will put out another album, Jonny will continue with scores/orchestral arrangements, and Ed will finally put out his own album.

And there will be a 2+2=5 type opener with Big Boots. The same way that 2+2=5 was a bit of a surprise after the electronic soundscape of Kid A/Amnesiac, they'll do the same for LP9 after KOL

^ that probably won't happen, but if it does, I'll get to say "I told you so"

Random predictions:

- The album will have 9-10 songs.

- The organic "live drumming" feel of the 2012 tour will be very present, with a more delicate coating recalling IR. A kind of trip-hop vibe, probably due to Clive's influence.

- From the old vaults, we'll have Lift. Very minimalistic, a la Codex.

- From the songs we already know, I say we'll have Cut A Hole, Ful Stop (with different titles), The Present Tense and one of those new ones Thom just played.

- The Present Tense will have a similar vibe/arrangement to Supercollider.

- I have a feeling Identikit will not be included. Probably because it has been already played to exhaustion in the last tour.

Double album, one disc all new material, one disc of songs we're already familiar with... then they're going to announce an indefinite hiatus to focus on 'solo projects'. Thom will DJ, Phil will put out another album, Jonny will continue with scores/orchestral arrangements, and Ed will finally put out his own album.

And there will be a 2+2=5 type opener with Big Boots. The same way that 2+2=5 was a bit of a surprise after the electronic soundscape of Kid A/Amnesiac, they'll do the same for LP9 after KOL

^ that probably won't happen, but if it does, I'll get to say "I told you so"

I doubt they'd release a double album, but we can hope!