Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

Loving these 2 tracks. Lyrics are definitely direct, but that could be a nice twist for the boys, as such a style is good for this kind of folksy music.

Where can I listen to the Bloom performance?

Enjoy ittttttttt. 

new songs sound great. i thought maybe some of the lyrics on silent spring were changed on account of the venue in which thom was playing, but who knows. not sure we can get too much out of the LP9 sound from these, since they sound a little typical (not in a bad way) of thom solo songs, which can change completely on an album

yeah I hope he was catering toward the venue/ context he was playing in. The tkol stuff solo, idk, to me it felt like the core of each song remained mostly the same. Daily mail, separator, give up the ghost really didn't change all that much at all. Staircase and lotus flower sure added a lot of different textures, but the core of each song wasn't all that different 

i'm glad they put out TKOL when they did, and i wouldn't have wanted them to fuss over it more in the studio, but if they had tried playing those songs live in the studio before touring, it could have informed the album arrangements in a pretty cool way

i really hope silent spring is not the final title. it might not stand out much to most people but after 3 years of hearing about it in EVERY biology class i took it's gonna be kind of distracting for me. pretty chord progression though, i hope they really bring out that pedal tone so it's bordering on a bagpipes sound.

so thom did a second show today apparently. similar set, except he also did karma police and fucking FAKE PLASTIC TREES

when was the last time that song was pulled out?

wish i had better vibes about this.  just doesn't seem like anyone in the band is very interested or excited or whatever.

I disagree. Thom looks pretty damn satisfied playing the new (and old) songs in these videos. He sounds rejuvenated, and there's no reason to believe that the rest of the band don't feel similarly. 

so thom did a second show today apparently. similar set, except he also did karma police and fucking FAKE PLASTIC TREES

when was the last time that song was pulled out?

2009 actually, in Sao Paulo, Brazil (I was there).

I disagree. Thom looks pretty damn satisfied playing the new (and old) songs in these videos. He sounds rejuvenated, and there's no reason to believe that the rest of the band don't feel similarly. 

I think Thom looks pretty satisfied solo, but when it comes time for Radiohead we'll have to wait and see if he has the same energy as a group. 

wish i had better vibes about this. just doesn't seem like anyone in the band is very interested or excited or whatever.

I don't think we have anything to go on really, since IR came out they basically say nothing in advance - the overall vibe now isn't any different than before TKOL. anyways you know they won't release something that doesn't live up to their insanely high standards

I don't think we have anything to go on really, since IR came out they basically say nothing in advance - the overall vibe now isn't any different than before TKOL. anyways you know they won't release something that doesn't live up to their insanely high standards

i guess what it comes down to really is that thom and jonny both are very into their own projects that they're working on, and phil did something too recently, and its just they seem really intent with that and jlike they don't want to talk about band stuff.  i get that they're secretive but its coming across more like they aren't into it.  and, you know, i want them to be.  i want them to be like dying to get back together and create and make music and tour and everything, and act like its their favorite thing to do.  i want to feel like they're just as into it as their fans are.