Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

Who knows?.  LP9 is probably already finished and is waiting for Stanley to hurry up and finish the artworks.   :lol:   That would be funny though if Stanley's the one holding up the album. 

Won't let me post the picture, but here is the set list from the Paris show:

Silent Spring
Desert Island Disk
Bloom (On piano!)
The Present Tense
The Clock
Default (With Flea)
Atoms for Peace

Silent Spring might be a new Radiohead song since during the performance Thom said "This is Jonny's part". It's apparently quite folk sounding and melodic. Not sure about Desert Island Disk but I'd wager that will also be a new RH song. Anyway, I'm sure videos will pop up soon!

i didnt pay any attention to the words but i can only imagine

the tunes remind me of like, house of cards or lotus flower or separator when they were first played - nice enough, his voice sounds good obviously, but who knows what they actually sound like

thoms voice is stunning in these videos...like the best in over a decade as far as live performances go... bloom on piano is the highlight

new songs tho

I agree re: the lyrics on silent spring, they're really straightforward for thom, idk if im on board. they arent shit but its jarring as fuck. song is tight though and the climax could be fire with the band

this desert island disk is an odd one, I can imagine lots of blips and sitars and shit in the studio version... im intrigued 

Silent Spring is pure Neil Young folk to an almost absurd degree, but thats also good because neil young is (was) fucking awesome. Unfortunately current-era neil young in its lyrics

Thoms comment makes it seems like jonny has something like a solo, but If I had to guess theyll go full neil on that and do some ambulence blues-like strings or something india inspired for a soundscape, like this beck song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wii-0bg0Em4

Desert Island is beautiful, could be anything really. Harder to guess that one

Silent Spring is pure Neil Young folk to an almost absurd degree, but thats also good because neil young is (was) fucking awesome. Unfortunately current-era neil young in its lyrics

Thoms comment makes it seems like jonny has something like a solo, but If I had to guess theyll go full neil on that and do some ambulence blues-like strings or something india inspired for a soundscape, like this beck song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wii-0bg0Em4

Desert Island is beautiful, could be anything really. Harder to guess that one

yeah I could totally see a treatment like that

the "come on people" and "we are of the earth" stuff remind me of that tony blair line in follow me around... just a little too blunt for my tastes. but the song sounds good, maybe thom will wisen up and tweak things before they drop the big one

desert disk is pretty great after a couple listens, I'm imagining something like the "it is the 21st century" bodysnatchers climax at the "you know what I meannnnn" chorus, I think this song has great potential

lyrical content means almost nothing to me in how I enjoy songs. both songs sound pretty good to me. 

bloom sounds fucking amazing. have always wanted to hear a solo performance of that, thanks thom.