Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

people most definitely did and still do to an extent use the bleep-bloop pejorative to knock tkol/amok/tmb. Its not really a fair criticism of tkol but I think what people who use that are getting at is the very repetitive structure and lifeless sound even the best songs on that album fall victim to

To be honest even though I eventually like King of Limbs it still felt a little empty to me for them. Yes Bloom is an amazing song and Give up the Ghost and Codex are beautiful but it still feels a little strange compared to the collective albums since OK Computer. I know that technically its not that short of an album but it still feels like it.

I never thought i would feel any indifference to a Radiohead album (again since OKC) as they all have been in there own right perfect but TKOL doesn't seem to sit as well. Dont get me wrong I think it's a really good album but it still falls a little short for me.

It's bound to happen to all fans, that an album doesn't do it for them, even with the almighty Radiohead lol. But Ive said it before that I think it was a fluke and that LP9 will give me a better reaction. Weird part is that When they released Staircase and Daily Mail, I was so very happy with those songs more than TKOL all together. Even Supercollider and The butcher made me realize that they just chose different songs than I would have for the album. I suppose it fits better the way they did it but I enjoyed those four songs more than the actual album.

More news boys and girls, courtesy of Jonny
http://www.petofilive.hu/2015/10/28/a-radioheadben-mar-kitapasztaltam-a-korlataimat-jonny-greenwood-interju/

Notable parts (translated from Hungarian)

• His favourite Radiohead song is Like Spinning Plates (because it has an interesting chord progression.)
  • They asked him if we could hope for a 2016 release date: "For sure. Certainly, if it doesn't come out in 2016, then... we have at least a year for it. If it doesn't come out in 2016, I'll lose my mind. So what did I say yes to, what have I announced? This is okay, right? Next year! Something definitely comes next year..."
  • He said that the album probably won't be distributed unconventionally, because they want people to focus on the music and not the way it's put onto the market. But they are still talking about it, so he's not sure.