Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

does anyone look at the artwork posted on DAS when they are trying to think how this album will go?  does anyone see a progression in the albums and try to think about where the progrssion will go?  i really dont know if i see an immediate "YES I LOVE THIS" kind of album coming, more like the "wtsf...kid Amnesiac" time, like you have to go with it to realize you LOVE IT...  only... way beyond there...  like you *really* won't want to go with it where it goes...  idk i am just a cold file.

does anyone look at the artwork posted on DAS when they are trying to think how this album will go? does anyone see a progression in the albums and try to think about where the progrssion will go? i really dont know if i see an immediate "YES I LOVE THIS" kind of album coming, more like the "wtsf...kid Amnesiac" time, like you have to go with it to realize you LOVE IT... only... way beyond there... like you *really* won't want to go with it where it goes... idk i am just a cold file.

I don't get what you mean.

Oh hey so I was watching videos of Thom at Latitude in 2009 and noticed he introduced True Love Waits by saying it's an "old song from the shelf" that "fell off once" but is "basically still on there." Thought it worth mentioning in here since every once in a while that song comes up and ppl argue over whether they're done with it or not.

LP9 will have this and lift on it

What artwork on DAS? If you're referring to the panels down the right-hand side, those are screenshots from the Polyfauna app.

i just mean that i see a pattern in the albums as they progress... and the artwork on DAS is pointing in a certain direction.  one that i think would be fitting.

So excited for Lift studio version. I wonder what song was old in tkol

(Good) Morning Mr.Magpie. (Morning M'Lord) That song existed all the way back to webcam 2002. 

At this rate, I think 'The Present Tense' will be just as old as 'I Will' was when it finally appeared on HTTT. 

But I guess if you mean just the length of time since its live debut then sure, but that's more because they don't release albums as frequently as they used to.

They don't release album as frequently as they used to because Thom, Jonny and Phil are all busy with their side gigs. Before then, the only thing they had to look forward to was the next Radiohead album. 

i think those side gigs are more because radiohead has, for whatever reason, decided to take a hiatus. for example, Ed wanted a year off after their last tour. so the other guys had to do something. and i suspect that Phil's current tour has more to do with him filling time between Radiohead recording sessions than Radiohead waiting around for Phil to be available

Interview with Phil Selway in The Washington Post:

You’re wrapping up your solo tour in D.C. Is the plan to then go and start working on the ninth Radiohead album?
We’ve been [recording] a little bit. It’s been pockets of it, for eight or nine months, but we start in earnest in September.

Are you looking forward to getting back to Radiohead?
Oh, yeah, we’ve got a pretty full schedule coming up. We’re poised to just really immerse ourselves in it now.

So you’ve sketched out some stuff and now you try to figure out what, exactly, these songs are?
Yeah, absolutely, that’s a good way of putting it.

Have any themes emerged?
They’re all too sketchy to say anything like that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2015/08/06/before-recording-the-next-radiohead-album-drummer-philip-selway-goes-solo-in-d-c/

Interview with Phil Selway in The Washington Post:

You’re wrapping up your solo tour in D.C. Is the plan to then go and start working on the ninth Radiohead album?

We’ve been [recording] a little bit. It’s been pockets of it, for eight or nine months, but we start in earnest in September.

Are you looking forward to getting back to Radiohead?

Oh, yeah, we’ve got a pretty full schedule coming up. We’re poised to just really immerse ourselves in it now.

So you’ve sketched out some stuff and now you try to figure out what, exactly, these songs are?

Yeah, absolutely, that’s a good way of putting it.

Have any themes emerged?

They’re all too sketchy to say anything like that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2015/08/06/before-recording-the-next-radiohead-album-drummer-philip-selway-goes-solo-in-d-c/

ooh, good stuff. i like this bit:

Touring as a frontman, have you gained more of an appreciation for what Thom Yorke does every night on a Radiohead tour?

Oh, I think being the drummer is much harder — he’s got an easy life!

yeah, that seems the main possibility

i'm thinking about the hypothetical tour/dates (if they're gonna exist). Will the tour be 'delayed' by its planning, like the TKOL tour? I mean, there are many variables in that aspect, but i'm interested about when the band will rehearse/decide the 'live performance' things: before or after the release?
what's gonna happen (or what's happening) with phil's clone?

That one video had Ed getting a pedal board from that dude that was specifically designed for touring so clearly that means the album is already done and could be released any day now.