The LP9 Speculation Thread

TKoL is great, but I have completely internalised those songs at this point. And yeah the whole thing of "typical Radiohead bleep bloop" is so weird to me since TKoL is always held up as the primary example of that and it isn't really that at all. It's the same thing as when people are like "where are the guitars" and it's like they're there dude they just use them differently than they used to. Though I'm sure that once Radiohead have released another album or two TKoL will be looked back on as a more unique and noteworthy entry in their discography.

Anyway I'm with you guys on the anticipation front. I'm super hyped at this point. I need this album. Tho first thing I'm gonna do when I get it is the same thing I did with TKoL which is immediately load it onto my ipod and go for a long walk and listen to it 3 times in a row.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love Limbs now too. My area is lovely and leafy during Autumn and I feel that fact is somehow connected to my late onset Limbs love. Little By Little is so awesome. It and Bloom are like nothing else I've ever heard. I also found it enjoyable to mix up the tracklist so it includes Staircase and The Daily Mail, and has the same sequencing as the Basement version of the album.

I will make my own useless LP9 prediction too: Cut A Hole will definitely be on the album. All others are up in the air.

I liked TKOL a lot when it came out but I like it even more after all these years, I especially love the second half. I noticed it had an overall positive but generally less enthusiastic reception than In Rainbows, and it'd be cool if LP9 were more universally acclaimed like IR. I'm hoping this next one has a bit more of a live sound, somewhere between Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac or their From the Basement specials. TKOL was great but by virtue of its method of creation was far from sounding like a band in a room, more like bits of a band floating around and interacting in space, making TKOL the most similar of Radiohead's albums to Thom solo/Atoms for Peace.

Anyway...

Songs I most want to hear on LP9, aside from brand new stuff:

1 - The Present Tense (surprise!)

2 - Burn the Witch (because we haven't heard it and it's supposed to be great)

3 - Identikit

4 - Big Boots/Man-O-War (unlikely but so was Mr. Magpie's appearance)

5 - Ful Stop

6 - True Love Waits (unlikely)

7 - Lift (unlikely)

8 - Open the Floodgates

9 - "Wake Me"

10 - Honey Pot (wasn't released on TMB, why not as an album track or Identikit b-side?)

11 - Skirting on the Surface

12 - Cut a Hole

13 - I Froze Up

14 - Follow Me Around

15 - Come to Your Senses

16 - I Promise (not getting released til the 2027 30th Anniversary Edition OK Computer box set)

TKoL is great, but I have completely internalised those songs at this point. And yeah the whole thing of "typical Radiohead bleep bloop" is so weird to me since TKoL is always held up as the primary example of that and it isn't really that at all. It's the same thing as when people are like "where are the guitars" and it's like they're there dude they just use them differently than they used to. Though I'm sure that once Radiohead have released another album or two TKoL will be looked back on as a more unique and noteworthy entry in their discography.

amnesiac and the b-sides are probably more bleep-bloop than king of limbs, but it's just way better so people don't think of the bleep blooping as a big deal.  worrywort is literally bleep bloop

TKOL coming out was so exciting, I remember I had it all planned out what I was going to do before I listened to it. Instead it came out early, so when I came home drunk the night before it was meant to come out, it was already out. So the first time I listened to it I barely remember anything of it except the reverse guitar or whatever it is in Little By Little.

Does that mean Clive will join them in the studio? 

Possibly, I would't be surprised. 

Cut a Hole could almost be a portishead song.

I really think the next one will be a bit darker and more for boding, yet still rhythmic while retaining some of In Rainbows more accessible/poppy moments. I.E. portishead-like