The LP9 Speculation Thread

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well probably none

Outside of about five songs were talking about songs they could have easily not touched in five years

Im just excited for the experience of that first few days of the album and hearing what it sounds like. Besides maybe In Rainbows all their albums were so unpredictable. I really like TKOL but I think one of my favorite parts about it is everyone was expecting some folky version of In Rainbows album to come out and then everyone was flabbergasted when the Lotus Flower video came out. That one was so propulsive and pointed it really divided people immediately. In Rainbows was laid back so it sunk in on the other hand. Really hope this has an edge to it sonically (lets say Kid A) rather than structurally (king of limbs beatz)

i didn't know that's what fans were expecting.  i didn't keep up during that time really.  was just surprised and then lurked here seeing a lot of people like "omg separator, 8 tracks, this is only half of the album!"  i hope this is as awesome as kid a.  i really do.  it'd be cool if we only got new songs tbh.  we'll prob get the present tense a least

I just hope they get to those songs like wake me/i froze up/full stop/identikit/cut a hole because I dont want them to get lost forever!

If they released albums regularly I wouldnt mind but I have a hard time believing they wont take another 4/5 years after this next one : /

Id gladly take one tour and two albums over two tours and one album

yeah, same.  i'm going to be with those albums a lot more than the one show i'll see during a tour.  either way, i'm pretty sure they said they feel really creative right now, so hopefully we'll get more albums in 4 years than just one.  i'm just really excited for new radiohead honestly.  fuck, so excited.  i'm not too big on the king of limbs, but i'll tell you the excitement of getting that album was great.  my internal clock woke me up early before class so i could hear the entire album lol

Haha yeah I saw it announced the second they posted it on facebook late at night and almost went into a happiness panic attack. Me and my (now slightly estranged and also an asshole who needs to apologize to me) friend listened to it the same way we did In rainbows - live together while discussing it over IM. So fun. We should organize an MT first time listening party. I can wait a bit I GUESS.

Im in such a state of hype now too. I understand why people dont love TKOL but I just think its so cool that they made that album that late in their career. If they made 2 albums in 2 or 3 years that would be incredible... and unlikely. BUT WHY NOT!?!? They have so many great songs waiting in the wings already since they barely touched any of them for TKOL.

i do love listening and discussing at the same time.  we should def try to organize that when the album is released.  they do have a lot of songs right now and even if i don't necessarily love all of them i wouldn't care if they released all of it at this point.  i'm a fan for life.  they really aren't going to fuck that up at this point ha. 

Im sad that a lot of other people that didnt like TKOL have kind of written them off as bleepy and bloopy (even though that wasnt TKOL at all). Its been ONE album since the one everyone likes but the length of time has kind of fucked with everyones perspective

yeah, it has been 7 years at this point.  i think all the bleepy-bloopy stuff comes from the fact that basically everything thom yorke related since in rainbows has had some bleep-bloops including some of the king of limbs.  that album is obviously not all that considering codex-separator, but the first half kind of is some weird version of electronic rock.  anyway, i'm just excited.  i hope the album is announced and released in a short time span and i except it to be after the last two and TMB releases.

it's interesting how they billed tkol as 'the newspaper album' and went on about making something ephemeral and in the moment - because that's basically how i experienced it. it was nothing like i expected and it was so fresh and interesting and pretty, and the tone was so much easier going. i mustve listened to it 15 times the day it was released, and at least another five times every day for the next two months. i eventually got sort of bored with the production style and have never enjoyed it as much since, but i had my time with it and i'm really glad they made it. it was probably a shot in the arm for them, too.

that said, given how long the gaps between albums are getting, i really hope they go with something chewier and longer-lasting this time. don't necessarily want it to SOUND like in rainbows, but i'd like it to have that in common with in rainbows.

yeah, i think i pretty much exclusively listened to in rainbows for about two months after its release and just kept listening to it for years.  i don't listen to much radiohead anymore, but when i do i don't go back to the king of limbs as much as in rainbows and in rainbows has always been my go-to album to convert new fans.  i basically bill in rainbows as "radiohead's greatest hits" because it really does sound like all the best moments of their career on one album.  the king of limbs has separator though and that's definitely one of my favorite radiohead songs.  the rest i don't listen to much.

Separator and Lotus Flower are both in my all time top 5

I like it all though. At release people really loved Codex > GOTG and now those are the only ones I skip really. I like both, theyre lovely, and the way they slow down the album is magnificent, but theyre kind of dull on repeat listens. Bloom is gorgeous. Little by Little is such a perfect lil jam Im surprised it doesnt have more fans. Feral I actually really like now, reminds me of some Amnesiac B sides. Morning Mr Magpie is extremely subdued but I was an immediate fan. I think thats the one that really loses some people almost instantly.

yeah bloom is the other track on the album i really like.  i don't dislike any of the songs on the album other than maybe feral.  when the album first came out i was an instant fan of little by little even though it doesn't hold up as much.  mr magpie was just whatever.  i was mostly surprised by how repetitive bloom was.  i was used to stuff like in rainbows where the songs had so much change in them.  i love that bloom and separator are just jams.  nice, jazzy style jams.  plus colin is doing some of his best work.