Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

inbetween version of true love waits

up tempo skirting on the surface (could be a huge rocker)

wake me before they come

just some cool version of the present tense

new songs

not in that order

I must say as much as I hope some of these older songs make it, especially wake me, I have to wonder of it's really got a chance. Open the floodgates is another one. We heard bits of these songs here and there after in rainbows as they were getting ready to record tkol but that album came and went. I guess after Nude and MMM anything is possible but I have a feeling the only one with a really good shot is present tense as it's been getting a lot of love from thom

i dunno what the odds are that all of them get released in the next batch, but there's probably a good chance that at least two or three of them get released. i doubt radiohead have imposed some cut-off point on themselves where they're like 'it didn't make that album and that album's era is over so we're wiping the slate clean'. to them their songs are probably one massive continuously growing catalogue. if a song is good and they like playing it, it'll get released at some point. very few songs they've played in public have been indefinitely abandoned.

as much as i like identikit i think i prefer it to be released outside the album, hopefully as a single/double. its a really good song but it feels like a poor mans 15 step. and i cant imagine it fitting that well on a radiohead album unless it's a subpar one  :( 

Identikit sounds literally nothing like 15 Step wut are you talking about.

yeah i didn't really mean that it sounds like it. more that it feels like it, if it makes any sense. both have distinctive, very cool beats, and awesome singular instrumental parts. but as far as energy and progression goes they feel pretty similar to me.

yeah, it's just the soundtrack which that minute and a half is better than all the full bootlegs we have of other speculation songs.  it sounds so good. 

compare with identikit which i'm listening to every live version i can find and they all sound stupid as fuck.  seriously 0 out of 10.

Wake Me sounds pretty and has potential. Identikit sounds like no other Radiohead song and could be a proper jam with some studio touch ups. opinions are like assholes, etc, it's just that you have a particularly smelly asshole

also I'd be fine with Identikit on the next album, by and large they make good decisions about what to include (although I reckon The Butcher could easily have fit on TKOL and DITNU could have been on IR). but clearly they err on the side of excluding songs

down is the new up is way too bright and those strings aren't too hot during the chorus.  wasn't there some sort of argument where one of the members of radiohead wanted it on IR but was told to fuck off?

Thom did. I'm pretty sure that's the entire reason disc 2 exists. DitNU is badass and incredible though. But yeah the only track I can imagine fitting in on IR proper is Go Slowly, but even that I think is a stretch. I prob wouldn't mind tho cuz it's one of my fav Radiohead b-sides.

honestly, if the studio down is the new up was closer to the live version i would have loved to hear that as the opener of IR.  15 step is great, but i've always loved the live version of down is the new up more