Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

ok just curious here, but does anyone know how many shows each of the 4 new songs were played at on the TKOL tour?

I'm sure identikit was played the most, I think only one or two shows didn't get it.

Identikit - Played at pretty much every show except for one or two I think?

Ful Stop - 10 performances

Cut a Hole - 2 performances

Skirting - 3, though we never got footage of the Austin CIty Limits performance

We never got Come to Your Senses unfortunately.

i thought about how come to your senses might be along the lines of the good new songs but i listened again and it just sounds like a better version of go to sleep.  just some good hail to the thief sounding material.  i could do without it.

Identikit - Played at pretty much every show except for one or two I think?

Ful Stop - 10 performances

Cut a Hole - 2 performances

Skirting - 3, though we never got footage of the Austin CIty Limits performance

We never got Come to Your Senses unfortunately.

ok cool, I wonder if how often they were played=how likely they are to show up on lp9

Idetikit is pretty much the only song I feel confident enough to say will be on LP9. Played at nearly every single gig? And they worked on it at Jack White's studio? It's gotta make an appearance. Though I do think it should be tweaked a bit.

The rest are all maybe's: Ful stop I actually think is fine the way it is, Cut a hole sounded nice (Gave me mad Portishead vibes) and with a little work it has the potential to be a really great song. Skirting I think it needs livening up personally: The synth bit near the end is nice but otherwise the song feels kinda House of Cards 2.0? I much preferred it when it was on Piano too.

I would trade all of these for Wake Me. I'm deadly serious.

Personally, I hope the album is mostly new ideas, fresh angles, new insights, tasty beats off the streets!

Agreed, although I think present tense and maybe wake me deserve to make the cut. I still think (hope) the 2012 stuff is released but only as an EP/throwaway download. They're good songs but people are getting a little overboard if they're seriously thinking an album full of them would be anything more than decent. Why should we settle for safe Radiohead? Hope for more

yeah, all that identikit type stuff if released should just be released in the same way supercollider/the butcher and the daily mail/suitcase were released.  get taht shit out of the way and just make a good album.

I think Skirting and Present Tense and Identikit are all pretty fantastic songs that I would like to see on an album. And since half of TKoL was songs we've heard before, I feel pretty confident that we'll get quite a few of these on the next album too.

radiohead has brainwashed the fans because they knew they could get away with it.  identikit 0 out of 10.  worst post-IR song.  full stop is bad.  present tense is good and will make the cut.  radiohead can't rock since the 90s.  in rainbows was awesome.  not too much "beats" but a good amount to keep it fresh.  king of limbs had two great songs bookending the album.  the live songs of that tour were mostly b-side king of limbs material.  no one wants a king of limbs b-side album for LP9

What is the hype on wake me before they come? It's not the worst of the live only material but its not very exciting. In my opinion, skirting on the surface is way better. If it isn't on LP9 I will be so disappointed. 

Is this a bit or are your opinions that cray?!

How does full stop even sound like a king of limbs song? Because it has drums? I thought the complaint with TKOL was that the songs stayed in the same place. both Full Stop and identikit build up and have obvious climaxes and dynamic bits, stop/starts the whole bit

I certainly don't want an album entirely of epic sad vocal songs over and over like you're wishing for. I like all those songs you listed but all of them in a row would put me to sleep.

I certainly don't want an album entirely of epic sad vocal songs over and over like you're wishing for. I like all those songs you listed but all of them in a row would put me to sleep.

it not so much them in a row as it is those are the best speculation songs and the ones that have the most similar vibe so those are the songs that i'd like cut 1 or 2 or none and it would make a good cohesive album whereas throwing identikit and/or full stop into the mix would just fuck that all up. 

Is this a bit or are your opinions that cray?!

How does full stop even sound like a king of limbs song? Because it has drums? I thought the complaint with TKOL was that the songs stayed in the same place. both Full Stop and identikit build up and have obvious climaxes and dynamic bits, stop/starts the whole bit

ikr

Id put identikit/full stop/cut a hole up against any randomly selected three songs from any RH LP, except Kid A. Cut a hole might be a little slight but it would be great near the beginning of an album.

I know OKC isn't in vogue but if you can put CUTW into No Surprises, Full Stop into Wake Me could be fucking mind blowing (love the Wake Me melody too)

I think OKC is the closest to what the new album will sound like. Kind of moody/angry back and forth with sentimental. Lots of synth

I think OKC is the closest to what the new album will sound like. Kind of moody/angry while sentimental at the same time. Lots of synth

i agree with this.  the new album, assuming they use the songs i've chosen, will be closest to OKC and In Rainbows.  to me that is a good prospect and one i hope for.