Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

well the lift live performance is good enough as is

not really. they're bootlegs. lift 2002 in particular varied in the quality of its performance, nevermind recording quality. lift from pinkpop is better but still not totally clear. true love waits is obviously soundboard. it's also a major selling point for their only official live album.

i suppose in some alternate universe there's a full band version of true love waits that's worth hearing but they've never really shown any interest in playing it as a band, unless i missed something. i don't want to hear them phone it in and i don't want it wasting space on an album that could have been occupied by a brand new song, or an actual unreleased song that only exists as bootlegs and has probably been worked on since.

I dont think TLW is that special anyway. Good song, but kind of overhyped by the RH community

true love waits is great.  i don't go crazy over it and hardly listen to it tbh but i think it fits well with some of their best songs right now and just because it is on a live album doesn't mean that has to be the only release.  true love waits could honestly be some good how to disappear completely type shit if they wanted it to be

I really don't understand what's wrong with the "broken hearts make it rain" part of identikit. It's great and leads perfectly into the dope jam

Because it doesn't fit at all, for a guy who's so critical of SDSU and There There I find it bizarre that you of all people can't see how stupid that bit is

I don't hear it at all. I like how it's out of nowhere/feels like another song entirely. I thought hat was the point - that it has nothing it common. It's like "mother superior jumped the gun". A lot like it actually. It just goes back to the first part as if nothing happened.

The transition might be jarring but the kicking in of the bass is dope and the lagging guitar segues perfectly to the last part.

Like the beginning part is so sparse and then BAM all the instruments start wailing and the bass starts groovin spectacularly.

What is the bad part? The vocals/lyrics?

I literally don't know what they could put there besides something similarly out of place. It's going to sound a bit weird going from vocals only to instruments kicking in.

Maybe if Thom didn't sing that last "I don't want" then it's just drum drum BAP BROKEN HHHEARTS

Because it doesn't fit at all, for a guy who's so critical of SDSU and There There I find it bizarre that you of all people can't see how stupid that bit is

It fits more than you could imagine.

I don't hear it at all. I like how it's out of nowhere/feels like another song entirely. I thought hat was the point - that it has nothing it common. It's like "mother superior jumped the gun". A lot like it actually. It just goes back to the first part as if nothing happened.

The transition might be jarring but the kicking in of the bass is dope and the lagging guitar segues perfectly to the last part.

I'm with box on his one

transition or not, identikit is a pretty bad song.  the key that thom is singing in sucks and i'm actually disappointed that ed is singing on this track.  i think the music after the "broken hearts make it rain" part is kind of cool.  but the beginning of that song is fucking horrible