Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

this year, as in 2014? that's verging on delusional. they've been in the studio for a month or less, right? wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a 2016 release. it took 2 years to make and release In Rainbows and they've had a similarly long break now

Whoops, I mean something as in a one off track or two ala twisted words. This is Radiohead we're talking about afterall, of course there won't be an album this year.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying, because it implies the band does this solely to be shocking, instead of you know, trying to find new release models for the sake of the industry.   

how does it imply that?  why are you inferring this?

The idea that unconventional releases are getting tiresome implies that they don't serve a purpose beyond trying to grab attention.  Not sure how I can be more clear.  

Yeah, it's kind of annoying, because it implies the band does this solely to be shocking, instead of you know, trying to find new release models for the sake of the industry.   

i find that hard to believe:

students “worked with Yorke’s team at Courtyard Management on user experience, media strategy, and financial analysis for the BitTorrent release [and they] ’were able to put their learning into practice on the project, analyzing fan and market data, and bringing together new technologies to generate new ideas challenging conventional content distribution mechanisms

that doesn't sound to me like they intend for it to be a cheap gimmick.

what i'm saying is that i don't think it is tiresome

Yeah I was agreeing with you, and adding that people who call it tiresome seem to have a myopic view of what the band is doing with these kind of releases. 

the "unsurprisingly,...surprising release" post?  i understood that one.  mine was more a reaction to a general attitude toward radiohead/thom yorke releases

but when he responded with this it was really confusing to see how he was agreeing with me.  regardless, if he says he is then he is!

"Yeah, it's kind of annoying (that people are complaining about it being tiresome), because it implies the band does this solely to be shocking, instead of you know, trying to find new release models for the sake of the industry."

Tbh.

Since King of limbs was such a different recording process Im assuming this is the one where they scoop up all the stray songs they couldn't fit into that process

new album's gonna be 12 versions of the butcher

in their next tour the butcher's the only song they'll play, to make up for the last one

album's gonna be released in every butchershop

it'll come for free inside cow carcasses

it'll be autoplaying when you cut into the carcass

My main thought lately is that it's a shame they didn't save Staircase

yep.

i dunno about the rest of the unreleased songs. i'll never complain about any of them getting a studio release but the only ones i am totally invested in and will be super bummed if they're not on the album are present tense and skirting on the surface. i'm also fairly confident they will be.