Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

I've never been so hyped/optimistic about a music release. This is going to be IN RAINBOWS PT 2. It's all playing out as it did before. Thoms releasing solo stuff, greenwood is involved in the next PTA MASTERPIECE. Nobody thinks the new kings of MUSIC can release anything but bleeps and bloops. THOM IS TOO FAR GONE they say. FIDDLING WITH A LAPTOP they say. 4 years seperated from their last collab, people think the true heir to the throne of rock legends past are DOWN AND OUT.

I laugh to myself because much like 2007, these jonny come lately bandwagon hoppers will be begging for forgiveness - again. Just when they think they have Mr. yorke pegged, LP9 with its UNCONVENTIONAL RELEASE METHOD will still be focused on one thing and one thing only: releasing an overwhelming helping of POP MAJESTY on the masses. Opening with the mysterious allure of OPEN THE FLOOD GATES (complete with Phil drumming and SIGNATURE Ed O Brien pedal based guitar soundscapes) will intrigue even those bewildered by the king of limbs innovate genius. Then comes the haymaker. The EPIC MASTERPIECE THE PRESENT TENSE in all of its GLORY, delivering both the musical and sexual climax every plebeian couldn't discover in Lotus Flower. Hit after hit the vocal pop will be relentless. Guitar songs abound. CUT A HOLE. IDENTIKIT. WAKE ME BEFORE THEY COME. Not to mention the thumping FUL STOP and beautiful melody of I FROZE UP. Once the overwhelming praise dies down, our boys will sit back on the throne they never gave up, saying in unison: ITS GOOD TO BE KING

Dunno whether you or someone else wrote that but either way it's great stuff

I've never been so hyped/optimistic about a music release. This is going to be IN RAINBOWS PT 2. It's all playing out as it did before. Thoms releasing solo stuff, greenwood is involved in the next PTA MASTERPIECE. Nobody thinks the new kings of MUSIC can release anything but bleeps and bloops. THOM IS TOO FAR GONE they say. FIDDLING WITH A LAPTOP they say. 4 years seperated from their last collab, people think the true heir to the throne of rock legends past are DOWN AND OUT.

I laugh to myself because much like 2007, these jonny come lately bandwagon hoppers will be begging for forgiveness - again. Just when they think they have Mr. yorke pegged, LP9 with its UNCONVENTIONAL RELEASE METHOD will still be focused on one thing and one thing only: releasing an overwhelming helping of POP MAJESTY on the masses. Opening with the mysterious allure of OPEN THE FLOOD GATES (complete with Phil drumming and SIGNATURE Ed O Brien pedal based guitar soundscapes) will intrigue even those bewildered by the king of limbs innovate genius. Then comes the haymaker. The EPIC MASTERPIECE THE PRESENT TENSE in all of its GLORY, delivering both the musical and sexual climax every plebeian couldn't discover in Lotus Flower. Hit after hit the vocal pop will be relentless. Guitar songs abound. CUT A HOLE. IDENTIKIT. WAKE ME BEFORE THEY COME. Not to mention the thumping FUL STOP and beautiful melody of I FROZE UP. Once the overwhelming praise dies down, our boys will sit back on the throne they never gave up, saying in unison: ITS GOOD TO BE KING

Beautiful

Best fucking post this century :rockout:

true

i reckon kid amnesiac and IR are about as close as they'll ever come to a double record. i think they like relatively concise statements, although it would be nice to see them make a 50 minute-plus album this time

10 seems to be the magic number between Kid A and In Rainbows, so I would be good with 10.  I didn't have too much of a problem with TKOL's length, but this time around something longer would be nice.