Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

I have a good feeling that Thom is all boned up for making new music and it's going to be a very productive session

that may be but if his solo and AFP efforts are anything to go by then it's pretty clear that Thom is not the quality control expert

Also I'm guessing the over dubs are for the post-TKOl stuff? Identikit, Full stop, etc.

Also confirms that white vinyl they tweeted isn't Radiohead related seeing as they're still recording, so chances are its a Thom solo effort. I'm personally going with it being the proper versions of the songs they put on Polyfauna 2.0.

It's still possible that the vinyl is Radiohead related. I mean first of all the artwork on the sticker in the middle of the vinyl doesn't seem in line with the Thom/AFP stuff, but secondly it's worth remembering that vinyls were used as major part of the recording process for TKOL. My feeling rn is that the vinyl is probably what they recorded at Third Man Studio, perhaps they're just listening back to it. Pretty sure at that studio they at least sometimes record live performances directly onto vinyl.

the sticker on the middle of the vinyl looks like the triangle shapes that appear on the new polyfauna 2.0. also right around the time of the update thom tweeted this drawing that looks identical to it. my money is on the proper versions of the polyfauna songs

https://twitter.com/thomyorke/status/505495105785319426/photo/1

Good find

that may be but if his solo and AFP efforts are anything to go by then it's pretty clear that Thom is not the quality control expert

i think it's more a case of thom saving his best songwriting efforts for radiohead. he knows, thats where the biggest chance of fulfilling their potential lies. 

i'm in the camp who thinks there will be a release of thom solo/afp songs this month, and thats what stanley hinted at. those polyfauna stems are from actual songs and unhappening is one of them. and i'm pretty excited for that, i actually liked amok a lot. a radiohead release would of course be infinitely more exciting but theres no way it could be a full album, a double single at most.

So is it safe to say Radiohead discussion on this site is officially dead? Through tkol this is the sort of news that would warrant tons of posts from many people. Now it seems like all the old posters are too cool for the Radiohype/we hardly get anyone new

What "news"? I'll keep reading.

I like his solo/AFP work a lot but yeah I guess it's more off the cuff than RH by a lot

Don't give me wrong, I like his solo stuff a lot

i think it's more a case of thom saving his best songwriting efforts for radiohead. he knows, thats where the biggest chance of fulfilling their potential lies.

i'm not convinced, he has himself talked about how the line between Radiohead and AFP songs is pretty blurry, and songs like amok and judge jury and executioner are absolutely high enough quality for Radiohead

Stanley posted artwork mentioning "Perhaps wrapped around a record", with the tree and star statue thingy. This looks Radiohead related to me, not AFP related, because it features tree limbs chopped off.

Then a photo of the vinyl....which has polyfauna style art, which is radiohead.

Could it be...

Perhaps...

The band are working on over dubs, the finishing touches? Polyfauna related?

I am too confused, lol.

Which is probably what the band want.

Stanley posted artwork mentioning "Perhaps wrapped around a record", with the tree and star statue thingy. This looks Radiohead related to me, not AFP related, because it features tree limbs chopped off.

Then a photo of the vinyl....which has polyfauna style art, which is radiohead.

Could it be...

Perhaps...

The band are working on over dubs, the finishing touches? Polyfauna related?

I am too confused, lol.

Which is probably what the band want.

i thought Polyfauna is now considered to be Thom only