Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

It could be interpreted that they're done with rehearsing and working on material and this is their second day of all out recording for the next lp/ep. In which case they are further along than I was anticipating so I'd be pretty content

Could be anything. They possibly have loads of stuff recorded from the past.

Whilst it is exciting news! Remember that Aphex Twin has just released a blinder of an LP and there is good new music out from other artists...Julian Casablancas and the Voidz just released a good album.

Try not to wait for news to happen, enjoy the ride and take a leaf out of Radiohead's book, they don't spend their time waiting for other bands to release stuff, they live for the moment and are very active/busy people etc...i'm guessing much of their work comes from momentum of effort.

If you want inspiration, maybe you could dive into a project, a drawing, making some of your own music of your own.

Then a future Radiohead release sort of comes out of nowhere in sequence of your own busy life...if that makes sense.

I know some fans used to play the perpetual waiting game, which I don't think is healthy.

Either way, it is great news!!!

Exciting times for the band!!

It's only day 2 in the studio & they are already doing overdubs? It sounds like they may be moving quicker than expected. 

Well it's become a trend now to release albums without anyone seeing it coming, so I wouldn't be surprised if the band was on it, and decided to just fuck with us/throw everyone off online. 

with the release strategies of in rainbows and the king of limbs, i expect a quick announcement and release once it is finished. 6 months might be a good projection, as someone else mentioned. maybe less. hopefully less.

I hope it's longer than that, their albums come out the best I think when they really rack their brains and are at each other's throats. Maybe if it's a really consistently active 6 months, but with tkol I remember there being a lot of big breaks that stretched it out. I guess we'll see how focused they are in time. I could see a single or thom solo ep coming much sooner though. I think the likelihood of having something of that nature in our hands by years end is pretty great.

I have a good feeling that Thom is all boned up for making new music and it's going to be a very productive session