Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

I haven't listened to the extra song that was on the TMB bandcamp release but I'm a bit annoyed at being down one song because I used the torrent release

You can download that track for free on bandcamp just so you know

was just watching the old version of "reckoner" that Thom did at the trade justice thing in early 2005 and the "gimme fair price I'll summon the reckoner" line is really reminiscent of the Silent Spring lyrics from December in that it seems catered for that audience

was just watching the old version of "reckoner" that Thom did at the trade justice thing in early 2005 and the "gimme fair price I'll summon the reckoner" line is really reminiscent of the Silent Spring lyrics from December in that it seems catered for that audience

but the version of Reckoner we ended up with bares very little resemblance to the early version. Almost like they are 2 completely different songs. Silent Springs seems finished even to the point of Thom saying "this is Jonny's bit". Who knows? I really have nothing against the lyrics.

it would be really silly if they wait until after the march shows.. I imagine some idiots in the crowd at thoms dj set are going to heckle him and ask when the new radiohead album's coming. if the albums already out, at worst they will shout how much they love the new radiohead album. right? RIGHT?

i know what I'd prefer if I were thom.

plus I really think that if the band want their festival audiences to fully embrace the new songs they need to release the album 3-4 months in advance. plus plus I just want the fucking album right now

They had to notice the January fan LP9 hysteria, right?

You think they would have gave a hint if it was still months away, right? 

They wouldn't leave us hangin, right?

Well it is Radiohead and they don't care.

Late March - May 2016

It's February and we have only some Festival Dates.

I still think that the LP9 tour will be take place in 2017.

So maybe some LP9 warm up shows this summer and release date somewhere in September/October.

You don't "warm up" with headlining slots though

You don't "warm up" with headlining slots though

Is that against the law or something - I'm confused.

They are professionals that have been doing this for over twenty years

Edit: if anything the excitement of doing something you "don't do" could invigorate them. Like sex in a stores dressing room

Ok but it's not like it's one festival. It's a growing litany of festivals and we have plenty of evidence that they have a record coming

Yeah I don't know man, maybe. It all sort of seems out the door since Thoms extended mid life crisis.