Whiskey Clone

The LP9 Speculation Thread

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-02-01-giving-back-from-the-bassline/

“His other family, Radiohead, the one he has been part of since it was formed when they were schoolboys in 1985, are on a nine-month break until September when they will start work on their ninth album.

Let the shitstorm and conspiracy theories begin!

^^^^ YES.

also.. wake me (before they come). only if it's not too much to ask. whatever you choose to do is fine. because you can do no wrong, in my eyes. I don;t know why i'm writing this as if they'll see it.

What a lovely chap Colin is. :)

i'm pulling for them to get clive into the studio on this one, and i think the obvious direction at the moment is more of a live TKOL kind of feel, but i'm sure it won't be that straightforward

i'm pulling for them to get clive into the studio on this one

yeah for sure. i can't imagine why they wouldn't unless it's to intentionally break with what they were doing with him on the tour, assuming they have something else in mind instead.

phil was always good enough for me

i imagine if they wanted a second drummer instead of needing one for a tour, they would have had clive help them put the king of stems down in the studio, seems as good a time as any to go that route

i imagine lp9 will be more subdued than the last one

Oh man I forgot about I Froze Up, so beautiful

Open the Floodgates

I Froze Up

Identikit

Ful Stop

Cut a Hole

Skirting on the Surface

Present Tense

Now plz

phil was always good enough for me

i imagine if they wanted a second drummer instead of needing one for a tour, they would have had clive help them put the king of stems down in the studio, seems as good a time as any to go that route

i'm guessing it didn't even occur to them until they started readying the songs to play live

i imagine they'll want to capture that live feeling, unless like doc said they're going with a different direction entirely. i don't think thom is gonna give up the beat that easily though

as for release, i'd guess 2015, maybe first half

I really feel like its time to move on to a new aesthetic. AFP and Amok is one thing, but another album in the vein of tkol, which was essentially a kidamnesiac rehash, doesn't seem creative enough for Radiohead. Unless of course they've lost that spark and that's all they can muster anymore

I really feel like its time to move on to a new aesthetic. AFP and Amok is one thing, but another album in the vein of tkol, which was essentially a kidamnesiac rehash, doesn't seem creative enough for Radiohead. Unless of course they've lost that spark and that's all they can muster anymore

Same, we've had TKOL and soon enough AMOK, it's time to move to something else.

Which direction do you guys want them to go to next?

Regarding LP9, I'm going with a late 2014 release.

Oh man I forgot about I Froze Up, so beautiful

Open the Floodgates

I Froze Up

Identikit

Ful Stop

Cut a Hole

Skirting on the Surface

Present Tense

Now plz

I fucking guarantee that when LP9 comes around, only 1 or 2 of those will be on it and the rest will be 'on the shelf'

Identikit and Ful Stop will probably be that one off single. We'll probably see that sometime later this year. The rest of those might make it as b-sides, but I can't imagine they would form a new album around old, pre-tkol, b-grade solo material

I think present tense has the only real shot at lp9

yeah I would say the four new songs from the TKOL tour will be on it, and maybe one old one.  The rest will be brand new songs that nobody has heard yet.

I reckon Identikit and one of the other tour songs will probably get randomly dropped as a single this year. LP9 will probably get one old song, maybe one tour song and the rest will be new stuff.

That reminds me, reckon it'll be more than 8 songs this time? I mean I know we got Supercollider/The Butcher and Staircase/The Daily Mail afterwards, but c'mon, when TKOL was initially released, seeing just those 8 songs was kinda disappointing wasn't it?

Identikit better be on the album, needs to be heard by the world. I dont like this one-off thing.

Ful Stop is such an album track

Greenwood fits the well-known musical cliché that bass players prefer being in the background. He tells the story over Portuguese food at the Troyeville Hotel of how he saw Yorke walking down the main street in Oxford the other day dressed in red pants and a leather jacket. The singer was in his own world and did not notice his bandmate across the road walking his kids home from school. A group of students also saw Yorke and one asked Greenwood: "Did you see, that's Thom Yorke?" Greenwood gives his famous chuckle. "I didn't ask them, ‘do you know who I am' though!"