Sign in to follow this  
old pinch

NHL/hockey thread

because of the shortened season there will more luck involved than usual, but if you look at the standings after 48 games last year, its not to different from what they were at the end of the season.

hey what's the average time a player does on the ice per shift, in-between two breaks on the bench?

90 seconds?

2-3 minutes?

does it depend if they're defense or offense?

it's hard to keep track on tv

because of the shortened season there will more luck involved than usual, but if you look at the standings after 48 games last year, its not to different from what they were at the end of the season.

phoenix won the pacific division last season and they were in 12th after 48 games.

hey what's the average time a player does on the ice per shift, in-between two breaks on the bench?

90 seconds?

2-3 minutes?

does it depend if they're defense or offense?

it's hard to keep track on tv

forwards ideally shoot for around 40 seconds, defensemen for around a minute.

i have noticed that powerplay shifts seem to be a lot longer this season. teams seem to leave variations of their first unit out there forever now.

Yeah they're winning it all.

Leafs look legit. Maybe Im finally going to return

Also my dads a big Canadiens fan so Im happy for him

So dumb that its uneven

Way for the league to shoot itself in the foot by making sure 4 of their cash cows are in the same conference

Phoenix should be moved before they think about expanding.

Quebec City and Toronto would make a killing though

i've been hearing seattle, quebec, and markham/hamilton as the most likely expansion/relocation cities, but that all could be complete heresy. i think the realignment generally makes more sense than the current divisions, at least as far as travel goes. vancouver and minnesota being in the same division is insane

all could be complete heresy.

lol

Seattle is such a stupid idea, I think it's just posturing by that Seattle group that thinks it's going to BRING BACK Seattle sports. It would tank quick, they should just stick to getting the Sonics back.

Quebec makes sense.

Hamilton is smart, but Markham definitely makes sense too since it's much closer to downtown Toronto. It would never happen, but I wonder what a "Markham" team would be called to represent the city? The Markham Malls? Markham Chinese Malls? Pacific Mall presents: an NHL experience?

lol

Seattle is such a stupid idea, I think it's just posturing by that Seattle group that thinks it's going to BRING BACK Seattle sports. It would tank quick, they should just stick to getting the Sonics back.

Quebec makes sense.

Hamilton is smart, but Markham definitely makes sense too since it's much closer to downtown Toronto. It would never happen, but I wonder what a "Markham" team would be called to represent the city? The Markham Malls? Markham Chinese Malls? Pacific Mall presents: an NHL experience?

gonna pretend to blame my spell check on that.

washington state has 4-5 whl teams that all get a lot of support, plus the people from vancouver every time i big name team comes in. if they their team is half-decent i could definitely see them surviving.

hey box, you gonna be watching the leaves tonight.

get yourself a rake. it's windy peg.

You better have some dirty dishes, cause those Jets are going to be dry