Sign in to follow this  
old pinch

NHL/hockey thread

not sure if there's much interest around in hockey anymore but i though i might as well this thread.

lockout shortened season, should be interesting. crazy things can happen in a stretch of 48 games.

i dont really buy that the 48 game season will be more "random" than the 82. the playoff stretch will just occur much earlier.

this year i have a crush on the blues. they look ridicuolusly solid

i dont really buy that the 48 game season will be more "random" than the 82. the playoff stretch will just occur much earlier.

this year i have a crush on the blues. they look ridicuolusly solid

it absolutely will. there's like half the sample size... especially considering how stupid the 2-point win is.

anybody watching the canadiens right now?

i was told that the Bell arena in montreal is sold out for many years ahead, that it's impossible to get a ticket basically, unless you belong to the lucky family that's had their hands on season tickets for generations. it's similar here in winnipeg now. i understand that we just bought the team, and that it was necessary for the fans to commit to what, two or three years. but what's up with Montreal. how did that happen.
also it's crazy. does that exist in other sports?

people here and there keep saying that the wings are bad because of injuries, but i'm not sure how much of that i buy. sure, some of it is, with guys like helm and bertuzzi out, but i think they haven't been able to recover from the veteran offensive depth they've lost in the last several years, and guys like filppula just aren't quite doing it.

that and that three of their top four defensemen from two years ago are gone and replaced by nothing.

my heart goes to the ducks coz i find they don't fight much, i think it's Selanne's last year, and i heard so far they have been pretty impressive, when, to begin with, they pretty top of the pop.

of course i'm cheering for the jets, i have to.

i also follow the habs as often as i can, i like the crowd.

haven't been too impressed by the Kings but i haven't watched religiously enough to be fair

what? the ducks essentially subtly cheapshotted their way to the cup in 2006 or whenever...

also, in actual hockey news, lindy ruff got fired by the sabres a couple days ago. at the time, he was the second-longest tenured coach in north american pro sports behind what's-his-name in san antonio.

and the islanders put dipietro on waivers to send him down today. the only team who would likely jump on something like that is the islanders, though...