Sign in to follow this  
Master Shortpants

The History of MT

2002-2007 were the golden days basically for being a fan of music/the band and talking about it.

Ateaseweb was very cool from 2003-2006, there was so much activity and life.

People think 2004 was so long ago, honestly it wasn't, time just flies super fast.

included myself. i like how my google maps derped for a moment and showed that you live exactly on a cloud, marcos

edit: oh tommy gun angel lives in a different location

i wanted to claim the Falkland Islands for uruguay but that didn't work tbh. : /

hmm, this would be quite the undertaking. i will only agree to do it on the conditions that:

1) i am given a special archive subforum to put the threads in

2) i am given moderator privileges so i am able to move threads to said subforum

This is intriguing stuff. What happened to MT between 2001 and 2006? There's a lot of talk about MT 2006+ and some mentions of MT pre-2002 but very little talk of the intervening years, which is weird considering how vibrant the web as a whole was becoming around that time, with sites like Wikipedia, Myspace, Facebook and YouTube all arising during those years. I tend to think of the first half of the 00s as being the golden age of the web in many ways. Did MT not exist during that time or was there simply a dearth of interesting characters? Was anyone here now around back then, what was it like?

2001 was the last time I was really active, around mid to late 2002 I would pop in but a lot of the topics created by the new members were general "Whats your favorite Radiohead song?" etc, stuff that older members had discussed ad nauseam and people who I recognized weren't as active. Then around late 2002/03 the board Revolve became active with a lot of the OG members and I moved there primarily, then later to the sh1ft boards. I'll post more as I remember stuff from that period.

remember how much you loved spinal tap quotes??

Yes! I had just discovered that movie. Good times. Fun Fact: I met my husband on this message board. And Tracy and Jasper married from here too. There were two other members from Canada, BadlyDrawnGirl and this guy called Joel who were engaged and together for a long time.