Sign in to follow this  
KleWdSide

Is Radiohead better than Bruce Springsteen live?

bruce springsteen is a cool dude and all but i don't enjoy his music anywhere near as much as radiohead

i haven't been much of a fanboy in years but seeing them live in november was something special

Feral is wicked, but Lotus Flower is just kinda naff in my opinion. The album version is cool, but live? Thom can barely sing it (Though he probably could if he stopped dancing, shit he sings Nude/Reckoner perfectly, I imagine he'd be fine with Lotus Flower if he just stayed still) and instrumentally I prefer the recorded version anyway.

But I still think the early guitar Lotus Flower Thom played during the AFP tour is much better than either of the above....

Thom could clearly sing it well if he wanted to, but when you're actually there seeing it live it's cooler that he's dancing, and the bass and everything is totally awesome. I can understand not thinking listening to a live recording of it is wonderful, but actually seeing it is fucking great

Sometimes his dancing makes me feel awkward

I think his dancing is awesome.  I always look forward to it when seeing them live and I think it's what makes him a great frontman and showman.  He just exudes energy and you can tell he is totally in it.  Sure, it may prevent him from nailing the vocals, but so what, if I want that, I'll just listen to the album version.   Plus as someone said, he nails Nude and Reckoner live. 

also Give up the Ghost, haven't heard a bad live version yet

and yeah Jordasm have you actually seen them live? cause Lotus Flower was brilliant being there

you do not at all get the same experience from youtube videos