Thom Just posted on DAS

So finally I can tell you the Atoms for Peace record is coming out on the 25th February, it's called Amok.

The front will look like theez..

atomsforamok.png

The tracks are:

Before Your Very Eyes
Ingenue
Dropped
Unless
Stuck Together Pieces
Judge Jury and Executioner
Reverse Running
Amok

We put something new on the website for you to stare at etc for a while here.. www.atomsforpeace.info

It's a while to wait i know so i'm sure some other things will occur before then.

Atoms for Peace .. members of staff

Me
Vocals Keyboards Programming and Guitars

Nigel Godrich
Production & Programming

Joey Waronker
Drums

Mauro Refosco
Percussion

Flea
Bass

We formed to learn to play The Eraser record, if you don't know that, and discovered a really good energy doing that.. and it fell into this record.

I'm still reeling from being on tour for much of the year but we are planning to get together and play etc next year !
We're figuring all that out right now.

Atoms is a ongoing and open ended project, where it leads i know not for certain .... which is what is nice about it.

Thom

Confirming what we already suspected, but at least everything is definite now. It's called Amok, there's 9 songs, and it'll be released February 25th. It's also available to pre-order now via 

http://store.atomsforpeace.info/

And the website has been updated 

http://atomsforpeace.info/

Nice little animation of LA being destroyed, and it's even got it's own music.

If you go on the website, right click and select "View page source" it'll bring up to website codes, press CTRL + F and search for "Secret", when you find it, the URL link next to it reveals an MP3 of What The Eyeballs Did for reasons that aren’t really clear yet. So for those of you wanted a proper version, here you are:

http://smarturl.it/AMOK001

Right-click and save. You also get this artwork with it:

tumblr_meinqv3tqZ1qcyxmso1_500.jpg

The music in the background on the homepage is from "Amok" (the song), if you want that, go here:

http://atomsforpeace.info/audio/

Going to the page marked “secret” in the source of the website reveals an mp3 of What The Eyeballs Did for reasons that aren’t really clear yet. So for those of you wanted a proper version, here you are:

http://smarturl.it/AMOK001

The music in the background on the homepage is probably some layered bit from "Amok" (the song), if you want that, go here:

http://atomsforpeace.info/audio/

Right-click and save.

HEY! GREAT FIND!

Found out where you get "What the eyeballs did" without hunting through source code. If you go the home page and scroll all the way across, to the right of the ARCO sign there's a clock tower, hovering over the clock sends it spinning, and clicking on it gives you a download.

Lots of hidden stuff on this site...

I'm really liking that little Amok sneak peek, particularly the little keyboard/synth bit near the end.

It's a while to wait i know so i'm sure some other things will occur before then.

Yeah that got me curious. Maybe we'll get another single sometime soon?

Which reminds me, what does everyone think of the album cover?

tumblr_meiqepLQrw1rlurdeo1_500.jpg

Like the artwork, though I'm not overly fond of the AMOK ATOMS FOR PEACE lettering. 

debating between the Limited Edition LP and the standard LP for preorder. is there an advantage to 180 g vinyl?

edit; from wikipedia: New "virgin" or "heavy/heavyweight" (180–220 g) vinyl is commonly used for modern "audiophile" vinyl releases in all genres. Many collectors prefer to have heavyweight vinyl albums, and they have been reported to have a better sound than normal vinyl as they have a higher tolerance against deformation caused by normal play.[48] 180 g vinyl is more expensive to produce only because it uses more vinyl. Manufacturing processes are identical regardless of weight. In fact, pressing lightweight records requires more care.

Apparently the Limited Edition LP comes with some extra artwork and slightly nicer looking packaging, but overall, there's not a big difference between them as far as I can see.

Regarding the vinyl size, 180 g may sound slightly better. But overall the sound quality is largely dependent on the recording, mastering and pressing of the songs. I don't think anyone can say that ALL 180 g's sound better, there's plenty of shitty sounding 180's out there, but also plenty of great ones. That being said, a heavier LP will definitely help with preservation in the long run, and if it's made properly, it will play wonderfully.

Artwork = the end of the world 

idk why they kept around The Eraser artwork concept... I love it, but thought this was going to be something totally different like every RH album... well, I guess Thom Yorke is really into black and white stripes

i bet he has a black and white striped pijama

My AFP playlist thusfar (no order):

What the Eyeballs Did

Defealut

Other Side (Stuck Together Remix)

Tamer Animals (Atoms For Peace Remix)

Judge, Jury & Exocutioner (live)
Jam (live)

Twist (because why the fuck not?)

Maybe these three also:

Before Your Very Eyes

Amok

?

Jordasm you made my day :D

N'aww, thanks!

My AFP playlist thusfar (no order):

What the Eyeballs Did

Defealut

Other Side (Stuck Together Remix)

Tamer Animals (Atoms For Peace Remix)

Judge, Jury & Exocutioner (live)

Jam (live)

Twist (because why the fuck not?)

Maybe these three also:

Before Your Very Eyes

Amok

?

Nice list. Glad you put Twist in there, it's under rated in my opinion...

No idea what the last YouTube song is called, but it's easily one of my favourites.

Perhaps they'll give free download links of the album for those who purchased any of the items from their website... for christmas? who knows...

Artwork = the end of the world 

idk why they kept around The Eraser artwork concept... I love it, but thought this was going to be something totally different like every RH album... well, I guess Thom Yorke is really into black and white stripes

i bet he has a black and white striped pijama

Something new would be awesome but it's kinda fitting consider this whole project grew out of touring stuff from The Eraser

For anyone in the US, you can pre-order the deluxe amok LP from the xl recordings store for $27 and you can use the code “valtari” for 10% off which isn’t a ton, but hey it’s something. Overall it's just MUCH cheaper than ordering straight from the AFP site, on which you'd end up spending like $60+ in total...

I think there's price difference because the AFP store is located in the UK, whilst XL store is in the US.

Absolutely positively LOVING Default. Can't wait for the full album. The Eraser back in 2006 was a really special album for me at the time, and Default has a similar energy to it (though more positive for sure). His voice sounds great in the chorus and the lyrics are up to the usual Thom standard; there's life in the old geezer yet! Funky, danceable, heavens above - I'm exited again!